Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
nope... the mft screen does get 'finger printy' but i just use the microfibre cloth and it comes clean easily... i used to use screen protectors on phones , etc, but i find that they are harder to clean than the original screen, imo

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, I installed one shortly after getting my focus to protect the MFT screen. I figure it's worth the small price versus getting a scratch and potentially having to replace the LCD screen. I do the same thing with my phone just to be safe.

P.s. - I had almost forgotten I'd installed one until you brought it up :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to install mine this afternoon! You're happy with it I take it?

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
Absolutely love it. You’re able to clearly see the screen with direct sunlight hitting it. Before installing NuShield, I noticed I was unable to see the screen when the sun hit it directly. You still get figure prints but the added protection is defiantly worth it. Just follow the installation instructions carefully. I successfully installed it on my first attempt. Don’t forget to use promo code KPR%10 to get a 10% discount.

P.S. Don’t ever clean the screen while MFT is on. I did it once and things went crazy. I had to do a master reset.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Have one on my f150's sat nav and love it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put it on today. It was a little tricky. It's on there and looks decent.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday. It should be here early next week. It is interesting to see how the proetctor is working out for folks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yep. there are some other threads on it already. i have one installed and am quite happy with it. completely cuts down on the visible fingerprints from the bare screen. can be a little tricky to install, it's slightly smaller than the full screen. you want to make sure your screen is absolutely clean (no lint or dust or it will be trapped). get the shield on as straight as possible, and centered as well as you can. you don't need it on the extreme edges anyway.

has a slightly rubbery feel to it. is completely clear. cut down on reflections significantly.

a little pricey for what it is, but you'll likely only buy one for as long as you have the car. i'd recommend it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm happy with mine. Like I said, I forgot it was even there as once it's installed it's barely noticeable. I haven't had any issues and it was pretty easy to install since it's just a flat screen. I installed a zagg shield on my iPad, which was much more difficult due to lining up the button, camera, etc.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Put mine on today & fudged it up. Too pissed to order another one but probably will down the road. It's sorta tricky if you're bad at this kind of stuff - like me

·
Registered
683 Posts
I installed mine about 10 minutes ago. It was definitely a delicate process. I kept on obsessing about little bits of dust on the screen. In the end, it turned out pretty good and bubble free.
My initial impressions: it might be me, but I swear that the touch screen takes less of a touch now ... kind of like it is more sensitive. I know that's counter intuitive, but it sure seems like it. The sun was just setting when I finished, so I do not know about how well the anti-reflective properties work. Frankly, I am just glad to have something protecting my touch screen from scratches!

[cheers]

·
Registered
101 Posts
I, also, used the NuShield screen protector. Put the screen protector on within a week of having the car. Rather have my screen safe from scratches.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts