Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The bends in the tubing look like they would fit an SVT, but you better email him. I haven't used this intake, but I'd consider carefully. It's roughly $100 now and shipping is $22. So, you would have $122+ into an intake you've never seen up close before. It may work great, like an AEM or whatever, but it may also be terribly constructed. IMO, I'd save the money and get a better intake...or keep watching ebay for some good used stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered this intake

on the 17th of January. I still have not recieved it. I finally got a tracking number yesterday, so at least it's on the way. I should get it tuesday. I will put it on and let you know what I think after I've driven it. I will be installing a bypass valve so the engine doesn't flood in the rain.
ANYONE know where I can buy one? Or do I have to make one?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
AEM makes the bypass valves in a few different diameters. Check their website to see what they have and where you can buy one. Anyone who carries AEM will be able to get a bypass valve. Let us know about the quality of the intake and what kind of gains you get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: I ordered this intake

J300ZTT said:
on the 17th of January. I still have not recieved it. I finally got a tracking number yesterday, so at least it's on the way. I should get it tuesday. I will put it on and let you know what I think after I've driven it. I will be installing a bypass valve so the engine doesn't flood in the rain.
ANYONE know where I can buy one? Or do I have to make one?
Focusperformance.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see everyone talking be carefull with the CAI and rain,Las Vegas has been hit with alot of rain in the last month. I was worried at first but I have had no problems whats o ever with water locking on my AEM system.It is almost impossible unless the whole intake is completely submerged, I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Bigstic03svt said:
I see everyone talking be carefull with the CAI and rain,Las Vegas has been hit with alot of rain in the last month. I was worried at first but I have had no problems whats o ever with water locking on my AEM system.It is almost impossible unless the whole intake is completely submerged, I wouldn't sweat it.
Exactly. Unless you go fording streams and rivers, you shouldn't have any problems. I haven't known anyone local to hydrolock their engine with a CAI under normal street driving.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah, I ported my TB. It got rid of the whisting sound noticeable in the stock intake system, and it now makes a 'sucking' sound when you initially tip the throttle in. Performance wise, there is more low end grunt. Top end, I'm not so sure yet. I don't think there was much (if any) of a power gain, but throttle response was vastly improved.

And, yeah, I just got rid of the hump in front of the butterfly. Also, I cut down the bolts that secured the butterfly to the shaft. The factory had them sticking into the air stream because they were crimped flat to prevent them from turning out...a little bit of red loc-tite fixed this.

Definitely a good free mod.[thumb]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts