Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
for 70 bucks I'd be sceptical.(sp?) just get an Xcal instead, that way you could datalog too. plus I dont think you could "chip" your car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sceptical. I have seen some of those cheap chips on ebay. I was just wondering what exactley these do, These plug into the air flow sensor or something like that.

·
1,999 Posts
i think on the older cars they just piggy back into your cars computer, but not + on that IDK w/ this one, but like stated above you should just get Xcal....if it is affordable, but 50 HO for 70 buck I dont know. Although you could just buy like 50 and then try to sell them on E-bay to make up the money for the Xcal...lol.j/k. I wouldn't worry bout it.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
a) you can't "chip" a ford, theres no spot in the pcm
b) you CAN'T CHIP A FORD!!!
c) if it sounds too good to be true it IS!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
You can chip a Ford, just older ones. The Spanish Oak ECU we have is one of the first Ford ECUs that doesn't have a diagnostics port for a chip. Zetec and SVT ECUs do.

And that part is a load of BS. Get a flasher and a good tune.

·
1,999 Posts
You can chip a Ford, just older ones. The Spanish Oak ECU we have is one of the first Ford ECUs that doesn't have a diagnostics port for a chip. Zetec and SVT ECUs do.

Thank you...I rest me case[thankyou]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts

What does it mean "spanish oak" ECU? Just a name or is there more to the name?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Anyone expecting 50 lbs of torque with a chip deserves their engine to blow up. Alot of those chips are just 5 dollar resistors, that do nothing but entirely remove the rev limiter.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
one of my friends bought this for my car. he wasnt smart enough to show me a link to it first.

But i would be skeptical of almost any product that requires zip ties and wire connectors for installation.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
What does it mean "spanish oak" ECU? Just a name or is there more to the name?

IIRC, "Spanish Oak" is a Ford internal name for the ECU found in our cars, utilizing a CANBus network. The SVT used a "Black Oak", which is unique in the fact that it is similiar in hardware style, but still retained the diagnostics port of the Zetec ECU.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yep. the spanish oak is a variation ont he black oak pcm that the mustangs had, cept for the gt500. that had silver oak. i dont know why they name them that way.

·
Registered
804 Posts
hey whos got loose change to buy one and let us kno if their car pops a reverse wheelie?
there is a guarantee
" *All HP and Torque gains are estimates based on engine size and any other performance modifications you already might have. We guarantee the gains we have listed or your money back. MPG gains are estimated and may vary depending on driving style and/or city/highway MPG."

IMO that site is just some scam artist with skills or money to make a belivable website haha

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yeah but what proof is there that he'll back up a guarantee, telling the truth doesn't seem to be a strong suit for him/her.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like a load of stinky pooh to me. I picked up something similar on e-bay about 4 years ago and it didn't do S%#@. If it did what it really says, everyone would have it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts