Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is located in the bundled plug ins that come out of the drivers side. It is the longer wired one and it is the one with the prongs inside it(male end). When my head was rebuilt this plug was never plugged back in and i think that is why the check engine light stays on now. If anyone has any pictures or can describe where it goes I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
It "sorta" looks like the first O2 sensor plug.

I know I've unplugged THAT specific plug, but I just cant remember where it goes......

"MAYBE" goes to the knock sensor or Cam position sensor (which is on rhte drivers side corner of the head)??

Crap... why cant I remember it....

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
coming from that part of the harness, it can be 1 of only 2 things. either your thermostat housing's coolant temp sensor, or worse (and a PITA to access) a sensor that is located underneath the fuel rail between #2 and #3 cylinders. i do believe it is a knock sensor.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
now that i see that big white tag....yes, it IS the sensor underneath the fuel rail. i can tell you how to get to it, how did you disconnect it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not disconnect it.. when the guy replacing my head put it back together I guess he just never hooked it back up. I guess that will cause it throw a check engine light eh. It will not tell me any codes found when I plug my predator up to it. What is it good for? I seem to be getting much better gas mileage now. :) ANyways, please tell me how. Thanks.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts

click to expand!!

look between the intakes and you can see the harness extension, and the grey connector it connects up with. sorry to hear that you have to reconnect it. damn bastards!! shouldnt be too hard to remove the upper intake manifold and connect that baby back up now that i think about it, that may be the oil temp sensor. dont know, cant see. i will try to look at ALLDATA, and get back to ya.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
ok, just checked AllData....brown wire with yellow tracer paired with a white wire with a black tracer....this connector DOES connect to the knock sensor located underneath the fuel rail. now....on a regular Zetec, this is done easily by reaching from underneath the car. dont know if this is possible with our intake. give it a shot, if not then proceed to removing the intake mani.

good luck, and im glad we helped ya[thumb]

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I thought our knock sensor was on the front, right under the thing our PCV goes into. Its almost a straight shot sounth of the PCV, right on the block....isnt that the Knock Sensor???

The thing at the end of the rail on the head, isnt that the cam angle sensor?

I would look at my car, but its dark....

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the alldata diagram shows a non-SVT fofo. this is the stock location for the knock sensor on the regular Zetec. nevertheless, the connector is under the rail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, connector is located under the rail. Its the intake solenoid sensor, and it does give a code when not connected.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I knew it was the knock sensor right away. I just changed mine out, but the code just popped up again. Im going to just turn it off in the tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts