Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some advice on what to do with my 2011 Focus SES. I bought it used when it was about 2 1/2 years old and have had it for almost 2 more. It only has about 37,000 miles on it and has been regularly maintained. I've discovered rust starting in nearly the identical location on each side of the car.

The location(s) are protected from stone chips and with the sloping angle it doesn't seem to collect water. I've seen quite a few cars start rusting and they always start on the edges of panels or where there is a stone chip or paint damage, etc. I've never seen a vehicle start rusting like this, not once but twice!

I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on what I should do, if it could be coming from water inside rusting out, if its worth trying to get it covered under warranty, etc.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
That's what I was going to ask. It looks as if the corner of the doors might be hitting it just ever so slightly. Not enough to notice right away, but it was slowly scratching at the paint enough until it exposed the bare metal.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
That's a common chip area from road debris thrown by the front tires, at least on my earlier Sedan.

Might not seem like it would be, but I've touched it up repeatedly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts