Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the euro automatic air deflector? It feeds all of the air that comes into the grill into the SVT air snorkel. Seems like a better design then the standard SVT method of pulling in air.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I think the gains would be minimal if any esp with an aftermarket intake. I was thinking about making my own from fiberglass and then replacing that nasty u shaped "tube" thing with a hardpipe, now that might help some. Functional or not, it looks kinda cool.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
I just cut my deflector off with a dremel. It looks pretty ghetto but it made my intake louder when I still had the box, so it must have been flowing more. Didn't get any road debris in there, although when I cleaned my panel filter after like 30,000 miles of use there were like 30-40 bugs stuck in it. Just so you guys know, you won't have any trouble and it won't make too much of a difference (Esp if you lose the box).

Cheaper alternative [:)]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Or you could just remove that plastic panel completely...
VERY bad idea, removing the panel lets air flow OVER the radiator instead of through it.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Yep...BTDT...a couple times just to make sure.
Engine ran warmer, and I was getting heat bog at low speeds.
(underhood temps went up)
Just keep that radiator cover on. [;)]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Air deflector rig...

It looks ghetto, but I Dremeled off the air deflector and my son and I cut out 1/8" plastic sheeting and epoxied it back over the hole to make the airflow as uninterrupted as possible....one caveat....epoxy doesn't hold worth a crap when it gets wet or hit with road salt-I had to RTV it into place awhile back; still holding together though. IMHO, a little better throttle response....

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Looks interesting. . . .

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wow! Thats really unique! Never seen it before! I like it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts