Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered up Commando from Sniper along with an AF-5000. It's been a while since my car's been running and I'm pretty excited to getting to the tuning stage. I've tuned a few turbo honda's with S300 but obviously Sniper will be a different beast.

I'm running a Vortech at 10lbs with most the standard bolt ons. I figure I'll have quite a few questions but wanted to first find out if anyone out there is running Commando (the software, not your pants) and could give me any heads ups I may need before I blow my motor :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
try to get ahold of ray at mcnews....he was talking about sniper tuning last year and he said it should turn into a bigger thing..

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i had it for a week, switched to sct prp right off the bat. i hated that thing and it caused me and tom a lot of undo trouble.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have it and tuned my Powerworks 6lb pulley with it. The only problem I have had with it is that I can't raise my rev limiter, I dont really want to though. It is related to my computer code JFA8. Otherwise the software is really easy to use if you have a general idea of what you are doing. and the sniper interface holds five tunes plus the original tune and you can make a special forces tune for another ford vehicle with the extra bullet(it comes with two).

·
FF Affiliate
30,934 Posts
The sniper software isnt finished yet and they dont seem to want to put much time into getting it finished so you wont find many people here that have it or that have worked with it

Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
The problem they are having is with their templates. They have only really developed the templates for the major cars such as the mustang and lightning because there is a bigger market for those cars. Like I said everything in my template works except for the rev limiter.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was hoping to pick one up for my ST and be able to tune it locally at a dyno shop myself. It seems they haven't made on yet for the 2.3L

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i tried to get sniper i called them and they said they don't support SVTF and they may not even do a focus version. so i stayed w/ my xcal 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts