Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing tons of research, and so far i am deciding to go with a powerworks supercharger for my svt in the near future (post college grad.)

Anyone have a Powerworks SC SVT in the south jersey/ philly area? I'd love just to check it out and see the real deal.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Hopefully trainfan will see this. He has one. It works very well, its a nice drive. Make sure you send him a PM or chat with him, he has alot of info on the set-up. He sure likes his, and I do too ( yeah, we are friends and he let me drive it :) )

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok true...have you raced any new GTI or Civic SI or WRX....im curious to see how this thing performs to 60 mph versus the new products.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It would eat the SI for breakfast, The wrx would lose if were stock, but it would be close. Don't know about the GTI, I haven't driven one of those... ( I get to drive alot of cars as part of "work".)

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet, time for a bank loan lol!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I too am condisering the PW kit for the SVT... well either the PW-vortech or procharger.

I am trying to find out the current price on the PW kit as I know they lowered it. I am also wondering what the actual wheel HP/TQ ratings are as they only give the 250/212 engine dyno numbers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In it's current state of tune, mine makes 227hp and 188tq at the wheels.[burnout]
Call Tony D at newedgeperformance.com for current pricing....

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seems like thats a relatively safe tune you are running

·
Registered
679 Posts
what kind of power difference can be had with tuning?

Trainfan: do you have any other mods? is that the tune the PW kit comes with that you made 227/188 with? I was kind of hoping to see 235/200 out of the PW kit with my mods...might have to slap it on a dyno and get somebody to tune it to get close to that though :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
It needs to be re-tuned. This is the third tune. Every time you make changes, it affects the tune. I learned the hard way about tuning, so safety was the biggest concern this last time.

·
Registered
679 Posts
see my problem is I want a SUPER safe tune that I dont have to worry about, but at the same time I want as much power as possible (im greedy I know... ;) ) by the time I finally get a blower bolted on all other mods will be completed so hopefully it could be tuned once and be done with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can have safety, and power. You must invest in dyno time to get it, however. The mail order tune that the kit comes with will be safe, but will not deliver max power. Each car is different enough that the basic tune must be fairly low power to ensure safety. After my last dyno check, we know that more can be tuned out of my car. I just have to pony up for the dyno time to get at it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts