Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this here exhaust on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250739417759?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=250739417759&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

I usually don't even consider any part of eBay for my vehicle, but this doesn't actually look too bad. It has a 3.5" tip, not a 4.5" tip like most of the other eBay systems out there.

Is this exhaust actually decent, or is it going to fall apart on me, or not fit correctly. Is it this cheap because it doesn't say Magnaflow or Borla on it, or is it actually a piece of junk?

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I'd pass.

You'd probably end up buying that then later on buying the quality exhaust thus wasting money. Do it right the first time if you want to upgrade. Hell, check out the buy/sell section for a good deal on a used exhaust.

The "Taco Taco" in their name cracks me up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
haha i noticed the taco taco thing too... sketchy! there actually are magnaflow catbacks on ebay. i found one full system for $340. but at the same time the magnaflow is 2.25", if im right stock SVT is also 2.25". personally i'd like something more like 2.75" so i might be going custom in the end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I figured that might not be much of an upgrade over stock, but I was just wondering.

I'd love to go 2.75", but I can't find anything that diameter any more. I might get a quote on a custom system from a local muffler shop.

Anyone know how much it would be for a single resonator, 2.75" system, with a 3.5" tip?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I actually bought this very exhaust system from the same guy. surprisingly I like it a lot. It sounds very good. not loud and ricey, but more of a deeper tone. The one problem with it though is there is no exhaust hangers at the front by the flex pipe so you'll have to weld on your own, and the bend are a little off so the tip didn't sit in the cut out on the bumper like it should but again, welding on some of your own hangers should fix it, i don't have a welder and I'm trying to get with my buddy that does to cut off the ones that came on the system and move them around a bit, but overall I am very happy with it.

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Looks kinda sketchy. Custom's probably the way to go. I have Borla on my '03 but it's not very loud but nice and deep in comparison to most 4 cyl out on the road today.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yeah, I figured that might not be much of an upgrade over stock, but I was just wondering.

I'd love to go 2.75", but I can't find anything that diameter any more. I might get a quote on a custom system from a local muffler shop.

Anyone know how much it would be for a single resonator, 2.75" system, with a 3.5" tip?
2inch,2.25,2.5,3,3.5,4 no one uses 2.75 normal piping would be the same as the muffs if u don't find muffs in 2.75 they don't use that size piping

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So this system would take a little custom fab?

It'd probably be better for me to just run 2.5" piping from the flex pipe back, and use either a Borla or Magnaflow muffler.

Anyone running a Corsa muffler on their SVTF?

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
your not going to get much more out of 2.75 which they dont make the stock svt 2.25 is good enough and ebay crap you get what you pay for go with borla or gibson or magnaflow

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pointless investment. No change in the size of the piping over stock. For 125 bucks you can go out and get just a muffler(if you want a different sound), and a 3.5" tip and prob have some lunch money left.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to get a Magnaflow system or something like that. I don't want too much rasp, but I want it to be a little louder.

I can't seem to find any Gibson exhausts for the SVTF.

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Borla Exhaust. Way to go. Not overly pricey and nice deep (for 4cyl) Sound. Pretty raspy but i like that, so it works

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now at the top of my list is a stainless Trubendz system with the Borla muffler. It's 2.5" so that'll be a decent improvement over stock and for $330 it's a good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts