Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching around and couldnt find much.

I have not had the doors off yet, so I am unsure how the metal door looks, and if we have enough surface area to even mount one with a baffle.

Whats the verdict?

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
there isnt much room around the stock location, the stock size is 5X7, but anything is possible, i havent had my door panels off in a long time so im not sure, take the panel off and have a look its pretty easy to do

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trying to keep the stock look of the doors. My last car I had glass pods on the doors, but I dont want to do that with the SVT.

Looks like a good 6.5" mid instead.

·
Banned
263 Posts
actually i wish i had a pic but two of my previous foci had eights in the door. they fit in the big flat spot under the armrest. when you pull the door panel off there is a block of foam you have to remove. but i just cut a whole in the panel and screwed them in. they fit well and sounded great. mostly because they sit right up against the side of the seat with the door closed so there is alot of compression for the lows. you have about a max depth of 4.5 in. but not for your only driver. just if you wanted to add two eight" woofers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts