Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was wondeirng if anyone has replaced their Idle Air Control Valve or ur TPS. I have a rough stumbling idle, almost like a missfire, but I do NOT have a CEL. It only does it under low throttle and idle at a stop. I reset the battery, changed plugs and all. I think my IACV has been slowly dying, but not to sure. LEt me know if anyone has replaced the IACV or ur TPS. It just started happening after a 4 hour trip through the mountains for some reason. Just lemme knowf ya replaced it and why.

Chris

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the same thing but it started only when I got some water in the engine (misting of water from having a very wet air filter). I figure the IACV or the TPS got boned. I was also thinking I possibly got the MAF a bit angry at being wet.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've replaced both..... but it was more of a "they didn't like having 19 pounds of boost" being blown through them kinda thing [:D]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I know on the non-SVT Zetec the IACV is on the Back on the Intake Manifold. 2 8mm bolts hold it in place. It's easier to get to from the bottom than the top. If you need one i recommend Steve at SVT Salvage.com If i would have bought my IACV from him, i would have saved $20. Even more if i would have forgot that my Step-dad works at Ford. It was a $120 part i got for $80 with the discount and it would have been $60 if i would have got it from him.

Call Steve at Tousley Ford
offering all OEM Ford parts at 10% over cost.

1-800-328-9552 during regular business hours

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, yea ima replace the IACV i guess, and then try the TPS later on. yea i always order from Steve. Quick question lil disco, why did u replace urs? lol Orange 19lbs im sure didnt agree with them, but what were ur symptoms of those 2 things being bad? idle? It drives great, just at idle, and VERy low throttle.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Well I had water in my TPS and it would start... once in awhile.

A bad IACV will cause a very erradic idle... always up and down.. sometimes it will hang, sometimes it will almost die.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got K&N oil and water in my TPS once. ONCE!!! I was underboost and hit a very large water pudle!!! Damn them!!! It was cheap, like $30 bucks and two screws to replace. Fixed my stumble.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
dudley123 said:
Quick question lil disco, why did u replace urs?
I've been having a weird irractic idle for awhile now. Almost since i bought my car. Took it to Ford and they say that it's supposed to Idle and the Rev's hang while shifting. Did my 2000 Intake Manifold Install and it hung Very Badly! Here's a couple Vids, you'll need Quick Time:

Clicky Clicky

Clicky Clicky

Clicky Clicky

·
Registered
523 Posts
i have had a problem w/ my idle hanging for a few months now. will hang around 2k until i stop. once stopped it goes down to 800rpm. do you think thats my problem also?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Ravage said:
i have had a problem w/ my idle hanging for a few months now. will hang around 2k until i stop. once stopped it goes down to 800rpm. do you think thats my problem also?
Yours almost seems like a TPS but at Idle it seems to Idle Right, but Steve at Tousley Ford can get you a TPS and IACV for a lot lower price than at Autozone, Napa and obviously a dealer. This Comming Paycheck, i'm getting a lot of stuff from him [:D]

·
Registered
523 Posts
the TPS is the thing on the right side of the TB right? thats what i was thinking it may be. btw how much do they run?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
i dunno for an SVT but he quoted me i believe $16 plus shipping for a TPS

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Anaxagoras1986 said:
Whos is this Steve? :)
lildisco said:
Call Steve at Tousley Ford
offering all OEM Ford parts at 10% over cost.

1-800-328-9552 during regular business hours
From svtsalvage.com

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks again, Steve is a very nice guy. $22 something shipped for the tps. [thumb]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts