Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really like some of the vacuum lines on this engine. The hard plastic lines IMO can crack and are are just a PITA when you remove them to tuck them out of the way while you work on it. They are also cover with loom which can cover cracks and leaks which i dont think is a good idea specialy when hunting down a problem.

The one under the IAC mainly is the one im thinking about replacing first. They have some right angle rubber fittings at the auto parts store that will slip right on with out that stupid plastic clip and be easier to work with.

This is the one i had slip off after i removed my intake to do the PCV delete. Ive had issues with this one before though.

I figured if i cut the line just after the fitting i can push on the rubber right angle fitting over the line and over the nipple on the intake. There are others on the car though. Ide rather replace the whole hose with somthing more flexable other then a moulded plastic tube pre shaped.

Has anyone replaced their vacuum lines with better lines?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The purpose of the plastic, although brittle, is it withstands oil vapors much better than a rubber hose does. Rubber will eventually swell up and fail.

Have you tried locating the leak with some carb cleaner yet? Are you sure it actually even has a vac leak?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The purpose of the plastic, although brittle, is it withstands oil vapors much better than a rubber hose does. Rubber will eventually swell up and fail.

Have you tried locating the leak with some carb cleaner yet? Are you sure it actually even has a vac leak?
Yeah that one wasnt in all the way, i got it pushed on better and locked in and it runs better.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was really worried i was going to have to pull the intake back off and replace all the gaskets. I still should do it when i get the money because ive had the intake off once, the TB off like 3 times and it seems about every 3-4 months i take the IAC off and clean it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts