Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound crazy... But has anyone raised the ride height of the focus? I feel like if the focus had an inch or two more ground clearance I would be able to go over ice and snow better without having it hit the undercarriage of the car. If anyone has done this before what product did you use and did it effect the ride much?

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
This may sound crazy... But has anyone raised the ride height of the focus? I feel like if the focus had an inch or two more ground clearance I would be able to go over ice and snow better without having it hit the undercarriage of the car. If anyone has done this before what product did you use and did it effect the ride much?
I have never seen anybody stork a Focus.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Some cars for Eastern European and African markets have "rough road" suspension options with taller springs and probably softer dampers. BMW and VW have had them for sure. No clue if that's something Ford ever did though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There's an Escape for that.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Me too...
When our driveway gets rutted, I scrape bottom. Our Foci are the only cars I've ever seen that do this. They just sit so low!

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The front strut towers have the same part number on the Escape as on the Focus afaik, not 100% sure if you can mate the strut off of one of them to lift the nose of the car at all, or if the rear suspension is similar enough, but they do share a platform.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The front strut towers have the same part number on the Escape as on the Focus afaik, not 100% sure if you can mate the strut off of one of them to lift the nose of the car at all, or if the rear suspension is similar enough, but they do share a platform.

Just something to think about.

Interesting, I've seen a couple of WRX's swap their suspension for Forester parts. Was hoping there would be something similar for the Focus and Escape

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
this could be interesting!

·
Registered
276 Posts
No different than Volvo doing the S60 Cross Country or the old Subaru Legacy that was lifted. I'm sure it's doable, just finding the right parts to create and accommodate the additional wheel travel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I will have to look into the escape parts to see if they will fit properly. That may be the easiest way to get an inch or two ground clearance

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Off topic, kinda. But in For a Horizon 2 you can raise the Focus Sat 1.8" with rally suspension. Bwahaha. Looks funny but in your case its practical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts