Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously seriously considering buying cams for my focus. Wondering who y'all think is the best company, which brand y'all got and what you think of them, etc. Also, is it required that you get cam gears w/ the aftermarket cams? Final question, how much did y'all pay to have them installed? thank you

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
such as?

·
Registered
123 Posts
i am currently saving for cams and i was wondering if it would be possible to run stage 2's on an atx equipped focus.all the sites say for atx to run stage 1's but i really would rather go ahead and go to a stage 2 while im at it.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
get the stage 2's...no matter what your trans will take a crap with the mods and power that go with the cams.

i have crowers....but if i'd do it again i'd do something else

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
dudeman said:
i am currently saving for cams and i was wondering if it would be possible to run stage 2's on an atx equipped focus.all the sites say for atx to run stage 1's but i really would rather go ahead and go to a stage 2 while im at it.
Yes you can.

Just posted on FJ. here are the guys mods:
Ported and Polished (Stock Zetec)Head
Crane Stage 2 Camshafts
Fidanza Cam Gears
AF/X UDP
AEM Intake
Custom Diablo Delta Chip
24 LB Injectors
FocusSport 4-1 Race Header
2.5" TRuBendz Flexpipe
2.5" MBRP Exhaust

And heres his/her dyno:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
focaltech, you seem to know a lot about all this stuff, any ideas on how much a shop would charge to put in a ported/polished head?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Kicknzx3 said:
get the stage 2's...no matter what your trans will take a crap with the mods and power that go with the cams.

i have crowers....but if i'd do it again i'd do something else

what would you do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts