Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but oh well.....

I want to get rid of that damn door chime, but I checked under the dash and found the culprit only to find that there are more than one harness plugging into it....so I didn't want to unplug it or take it out...but if anyone can help me on this one, I'd appreciate it, its driving me nuts.

Also, I was wondering if I can disable the horn honk that signals the alarm being armed...its a bit loud and obnoxious for me. I park in a parking garage that I'm not supposed to, so it takes away from my stealthness...

BTW, as far as these simple DIY mods go, I wanna thank whoever posted that independent fog light mod on the webpage. I went a step further and modified the relay itself, so it looks stock, and the fogs operate perfectly....whenever I want[thumb]

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
412 Posts
Can't help you with the door chime..but the horn honks only if you press the lock button twice. One press of the lock button is all that is needed to lock all the doors. No need to press twice. I can't imagine why they even have that feature. Press the lock button once, the doors all lock, and the parking and tail lights flash. Press it twice and all doors lock lights flash and horn sounds.

Check your owners manual, it covers this topic quite well in the lock section
bfocused.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, I was under the impression that the alarm was only activated if the button was pressed twice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
No problem, you would be shocked to see how much info is in those owners manuals. Glad I could help.
bfocused

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i turned the safety belt chime off, but I'm still lost on the door chime...I'm gonna have to go look in the manual, although I"m not expecting to find anything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think the horn honk is left over from when the factory alarms didn't flash the lights. If you weren't right next to the vehicle, you couldn't hear the doors lock, so pressing it twice made the horn honk, just for confirmation that your vehicle was indeed, locked.

They took a cue from aftermarket alarms and flash the lights now. They probably left the horn honk in just so people who actually like to hear it wouldn't complain that it was gone. Or something... [:)]

·
Registered
132 Posts
essveetee said:

BTW, as far as these simple DIY mods go, I wanna thank whoever posted that independent fog light mod on the webpage. I went a step further and modified the relay itself, so it looks stock, and the fogs operate perfectly....whenever I want[thumb]

Thanks,
Nick

See thats waht the SVT owners are about! your welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts