Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just got my car service. They flushed my coolant system and now my water pump is leaking. I am 731miles over my warranty, and the dealership said it is going to cost me about $700 to have my water pump replaced. $500 in labor alone. I am not super mechanically inclined but I am a fast learner and if anyone has any pointers or instruction on how to do this myself I would greatly appreciate it. I am thinking the dealership should be replacing it since I brought my car in working perfectly fine no leaks or nothing and left with not a water pump leak. How common is this issue? Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any assistance or pointers that can help steer me in the correct direction.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Please do not let that stealership service your car. That is way overpriced. Changing the water pump would mean another coolant change/flush because when you take the water pump you will loose a lot of coolant. Changing the water pump is easy but takes patience and right tools. Leaky water pump is not a common issue with Zetec including your SVT.

I will try to find a how to link for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so very much. Well I didnt want to pay that much for it since ,y car was working fine when I brought it in. But no after they flushed my system now my water pump leaks as they stated. Thank you for those links I will definately be viewing those I have nothing but patience I can get teh right tools thats not a problem. If I can do teh work then I rather do it and if it does resolved the issue they will be paying for the leak they caused. Truley.

Yeah I searched and didnt find anything on here about SVT water pumps, only about timing belts. I though thte water pump would last longer that 60k, but guess I stand corrected.

Thank you again!!!!!!

~Dre

1 - 6 of 6 Posts