Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SE, and am looking at replacing the stock front and rear bumpers, and just wanted to know if anyone has put a new kit on themselves. My friend will paint them for free, so just wanted to see if I could save some extra $$ by doing it myself. I don't have a problem paying for it, but if I could do the job myself I would rather do it to learn and have fun.

Also, is the hatchback body kit compatible with the sedan?

Any good ideas for kits?

Thanks..

Ory

·
Registered
119 Posts
its not hard to put the kit on. just make sure you drill the holes for the bumpers right.
my boyfriend did my car and his it took a hour and a half and it look nice.

·
Registered
437 Posts
its not exceptionally hard, i wouldn't think, but i'm sure it'd be a bi+ch to actually get under the car **esp. having the jackit up high enough** and replacing the new w/ the old w/out doing minor damage....those are my Lincolns

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i wouldnt know if its hard to do but in reference to your other question i believe the front bumper for the hatchs are compatible with the sedans but you have to look for the rear somewhere else

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The body kits are slightly different. The front bumpers are the same for all models 00-04. The side skirts are *sometimes* diffrent. Although the wheelbase is the same, some manufacturers such as wings west have a slight flare on the rear of the skirt, where the REAR doors would be. So some zx3 side skirts will not work on zx5's or the sedan. The rear is different on the sedan/wagon/hatchback. I reccamend professional installation. The holes need to be drilled right on and the kit needs to be dry fitted also. Especially if it's fiberglass which is never perfect. Makesure your free paintjob is a good one. Stuff like this you just don't skimp on and you get what you pay for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts