Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck 'til I borrow one from someone, unless someone has an easy trick. I've tried all kinds of things I have here. I only need it long enough to drive home, use it for 45 seconds, then I'd drive it right back to you.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've called napa and a bunch of other places and no one in town seems to sell just the alignment tool anymore.
Bump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've called napa and a bunch of other places and no one in town seems to sell just the alignment tool anymore.
Bump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using FF Mobile
Here's a truck I have used to line many of clutch disks. Find a deep well socket that is a tight fit and use it as a way to line them up. I had to do it with this one two months ago and I have had zero issues with shifting gears without grinding.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. I did have a socket that fit pretty close. I ended up finding the tool at Advance Auto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here's a truck I have used to line many of clutch disks. Find a deep well socket that is a tight fit and use it as a way to line them up. I had to do it with this one two months ago and I have had zero issues with shifting gears without grinding.
Zero issues with grinding gears? That should be completely unrelated to this. Aligning the clutch is just so the input shaft of the transmission can fit through the friction plate and then as soon as you press the clutch pedal down it will sit perfectly where it wants to sit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts