Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the deal...about a month ago i got into a little accident with my zx3 and i had to replace the entire right side with bushings, shocks, struts, bearings, hubs, and just completley everything. now that ive done that i have a squeacking noice i keep hearing and i need some help figuring out whats wong before i could travel a long way because i am planning to go to the focus fest in august and i need my car to be reliable. if anyone in MI could help me out let me know. i live in Livonia if thats close to anyone. you can come to my house or i can come to yours whatever works best.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Does it only happen when going over bumps? If so, it's something to do with the shock. Mine do it too since I put on my new suspension. I believe it has something to do with them not being seeded 100% perfect, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned with.

More or less just an annoyance.

And anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I've put on probably 2k miles with mine squeeking. Nothing serious.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens not only when i go over bumps but when i drive reguralry as well. when the car is moving it makes the noise and i think its either the wheel bearings or the shocks im not exacly sure but i just wanna remove the noise so its not there anymore. also it makes a very high squeacking noise when i turn right.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Sounds like something with the shocks to me.. But that's just a guess.

When my wheel bearing went bad it didn't squeek. It was more of a low pitched hum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna see if i can take it to the shop for a look and if the guys there could figure out whats wrong. hopefully they can fix the problem. if not im back on here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts