Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well i guess i wasnt the only one like ott, he probably had the problem, and just like me, he had an reset button.... well just to update (sorry i just forgot about this) FORD as most of u know, decided to put 3rd party alarms on some of the svt models.. the dealership i got mine from said they put alarms on all SVT models.... well anyways i guess they had to replace my alarm modual and keys, for some reason i didnt ask....

·
Registered
970 Posts
A low car battery will cause the alarm to go berserk....

As for the alarm, it's a Ford rebadged Clifford alarm. Wayne has a few for sale for those that want it (cheap enough that I won't post the price cause he'll run out fast). I'm got mine and I'm going to try and get it installed tomorrow morning. [:)]

For those that are interested, the part number is F3AZ-19A361-C for the version that has the shock sensor and siren standard (they call it System 4). System 3 is the same part number but it ends with a D instead of a C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do I have this alarm?

I bought my 2003 Ford Focus in August and all I was given was one key, no remote or anything. So poking around under the hood, I see the notice regarding the DEI remote start warning if the battery is disconnected. So poking around further I saw on some threads that if you had this it was located behing the glovebox. So I found it behind the glovebox, a Siemends VDO (Ford # 1S7T-15K600-ZC), so I figure I have some version of the alarm system and remote start. Now I do not have power locks so I don't expect remote entry but I'd like to have the damned alarm working. I bought a Ford OEM remote off of ebay and I've read about 12 different ways to program it turning your key on and off, standing on one foot with your nose pointed north etc etc. So, how do I know if the previous owner disabled this alarm cause there are alot of patch clips about under the steering column and one on the first connector of the alarm control assembly. I was trying to avoid going to the dealer for this if it is something simple!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine came with the dealer alarm...I've never had a problem with it. It's never gone off though; I don't think I've ever hit the panic button either...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts