Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has the factory alarm for their SVTFs??? Also, i wanted to know if anyone is experiencing problems with factory alarm system??? For example, i lock up the car for about 8 hrs or so, and then try to get into the car and the alarm goes bazerk!! cant turn it off with the remote so i always have to turn the ignition and push the reset button every time the alarms goes on... just wondering if anyone else has that problem...
i'll probably take the car to the dealer and have them check on it...

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would get it checked... I haveno problems with mine at all

We even have the same type car! [thumb]

·
Registered
238 Posts
i have no problems with my alarm...to tell the truth, i'm not even sure if it even works...i've never heard it go off... [8]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
so i always have to turn the ignition and push the reset button every time the alarms goes on
I didn't even know there was a reset button.
Is this an aftermarket alarm that the Dealer installed?
I haven't really heard of anyone having problems with the factory "passive" system.

The only time mine's ever gone off, is when I accidentally hit the panic button on the remote.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I had no idea the SVTF had a factory alarm option? Damnit and I was thinking I had the most expensive NA production Focus made, lol [:(]

·
Registered
814 Posts
WD40 said:
so i always have to turn the ignition and push the reset button every time the alarms goes on
I didn't even know there was a reset button.
Is this an aftermarket alarm that the Dealer installed?
I haven't really heard of anyone having problems with the factory "passive" system.

The only time mine's ever gone off, is when I accidentally hit the panic button on the remote.
yep that damn panic button is too close to the trunk release button[confused]

never had a problem with my alarm...and inform us more about the reset button, didn't know our cars had them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, i'ma get it checked out soon... if you all with factory alarm can check on the left driver side on the bottom of the panel where ur left knee is, there should be a red button on the side there... it's easy to locate, it should be right below the hood release thingy on the left side of the panel.... best check your car manual...

·
Registered
475 Posts
haha dude...ya it doesnt have an "alarm per se(is that how your write that..per say se haha??)...just a panic button if you see some thugs stealin yo rimz when your comming out of farmer jack

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
nope, if there is any kind of button on your lower dash by (or on) your fuse panel cover, then you have something aftermarket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
there is a factory alarm besides passive i have it to and i have the same problem it justs sometimes gos nuts and it is loud as hell to and its not just the panic alarm its a real alarm any and every ford car or truck has the option for i took it and cant cant figure out whats wrong with it so if u look in ur manual it will tell u how to disable it for now untill u get to the dealership they told me that they probly have to adjust the senstivity on it the problem is the alarm guy at ford is only there one day out of the week! and if u disable the alarm the key farb still works and u still have the panic mode(passive)

·
Registered
534 Posts
my keyless entry broke one time, the remote wouldnt work at all and i had to use the key to get in the car, took it to the deal and they fixed it under warranty. They ended up having to replace the one remote and reprogrammed the other one.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Most of the time a "factory" alarm is a dealer install option. Which are mostly third party alarms that the dealer has done for them by a 3rd party.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. The door was unlocked so I opened the door, I tried starting the car and the car won't start. Ignition was disabled and the alarm went off. Tried to turn off the alarm using the fob and finally did it. Close the door and the alarm goes off again. Tried numerous time to disable the alarm. Make a long story short, finally realized that there was a reset switch under the dash on the left hand side, reached under and press the switch. The alarm was still going off so I stick the key in the ignition, turn to on, press the reset switch and alarm went off and everything was reset. And I could start the car again. [8]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Since we are on the topic, how can I make mine go off?
Without hitting the panic button of course.....
Will it go off if I arm it and then try to open it with a key?
[???:)] I've never heard it go off.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
machewcoy said:
i have no problems with my alarm...to tell the truth, i'm not even sure if it even works...i've never heard it go off... [8]
yours is probably just keyless entry with starter kill like mine but it can be upgraded with an alarm while keeping your factory setup intact, Automate AM1 is one upgrade kit.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the "alarm" is a dealer option. ford sells a "ford" alarm system that is really just another company's alarm with a ford sticker on the computer box. no vehicles comes from the factory with this alarm system installed. if you wanted it, it was installed by the dealership you bought the car from when you bought the car

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
myblacksvt said:
only thing mine does is lock it self after 5 mins. really sucked one day at the gas station when i left the keys in the car. lesson learned i guess
That shouldn't happen. The only time it should lock itself is if you unlock it with the fob and don't open the door within 45 seconds. Then the car will lock itself. So the only way that it could lock itself with the keys inside is if you were sitting inside the car with the keys. If that is what happened then you should look into getting blondestar.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ exactly, and the dealer will be happy to tack on a couple hundred bucks to do it too, Ford alarms are expensive! Aftermarket is the way to go for alarms and upgrades, I know, we sell ford alarms and aftermarket as well and some of the ford alarms cost us over $200 and we mark it up from there. How do I know? I am the buyer LOL Oh, and I buy from the same source the dealers do so I know what they pay lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts