Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some extra parts on my local craigslist last summer and posted an image of the front of my car with the hood i was wanting to sell. A guy replied that he noticed my front headlights were not factory and wanted to know if i still had my stock ones. His had melted and he could no longer get his low beams to function because the plug had melted.

I gave him one thinking i may eventually have the same issues and i may need the second one. Well a few months later and sure enough mine are now having issues.

Yea they are after market but i didnt have an issue for 3 years running the stock ford bulbs that came in the car till i changed to silverstar bulbs from walmart.

Stock bulbs fit and work properly but the stock plug to the silverstars seem to have an issue fitting properly.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem though I switched bulbs before they could melt them any farther. The Silverstar bulbs run much hotter than a stock replacement bulb.
So i just need to go back to the stock bulbs or the cheap bulbs?

I didnt notice any gain in light or color but when you replace em in the day its hard to judge from the day before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So i just need to go back to the stock bulbs or the cheap bulbs?
Yes and no. You just have to not use silverstars. I have experienced tne exact same problem. You can still find some nice bright lights for cheap, I'm currently using some GPThunders in the fogs (8500K) and headlights (5800K) and I think they're quite nice. And they were quite inexpensive on the bay. I did have to also cut the end off the headlight plug and solder in a new better plug and an extension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts