1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
local guy has it on his NA focus and he says its amazing. Im looking for more feedback before i drop $300 on it.

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/default.aspx
It's a placebo that only seems to work because it sends a false signal to the pcm to open the throttle more than the driver intended which gives a false sensation that the car is more powerful as it would appear to jump sooner to throttle commands below half throttle.

In the end it doesn't make any more power than normal. It is in fact a huge waste of $.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I'd put your cash towards a tune & get some results instead of that crap. You should be looking at tunes, not that s&^%!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering. I already have a tune thanks to Tom. Just looking for more power

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I was wondering. I already have a tune thanks to Tom. Just looking for more power
Intake? How about a header? What exhaust system are you running?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm got a cai. Exhaust is coming after winter is over

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No header. Haven't seen one that interests me enough

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
How about an svt header? I added one and I think it did a lot for my fofo. I even have an extra one for sale. ... wink wink.....

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
LOL. Damn tapatalk got me again. I cant see his profile on it. So I don't know what car he drives. Should a known since sailor....... errr FelixdaCat even.......... was in here. D0h!

/spazzy runs and hides.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought it was bad when people were trying to sell "chips" and stuff like this for $50. Now they are trying to get $300. What a crock... how is that even legal?

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
I am the local guy that has the sprintbooster, I never claimed to get any power increase from it, but it has definitely improved the throttle lag from the fly-by-wire system as well as shift delay from the selectshift system. I also only paid half the retail price for it. I can assure you that it isn't a placebo effect though.

Edit: Also, the manufacturer doesn't express that their product increases power, just that it improves Electronic Throttle performance.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You're far better off buying an actual tune from Tom or injected ^.

The headers for 2.0L duratec should fit @ OP. From what it seems like we have as many options as they do.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got a tune already and that helped alot

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
You're far better off buying an actual tune from Tom or injected ^.

The headers for 2.0L duratec should fit @ OP. From what it seems like we have as many options as they do.
I am tuned... but the tune doesn't fix fly by wire lag. Just as the Sprintbooster doesn't add power or torque like the tune does. Both serve a completely different purpose.

Trust me, it definitely makes a difference.

EDIT: and yes, all previous duratec headers will fit our cars, but require a modified flex pipe.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am tuned... but the tune doesn't fix fly by wire lag. Just as the Sprintbooster doesn't add power or torque like the tune does. Both serve a completely different purpose.

Trust me, it definitely makes a difference.

EDIT: and yes, all previous duratec headers will fit our cars, but require a modified flex pipe.
I know when I had a Cobalt tuners were able to minimize the lag. Maybe sct or injected can't do that then? How does it translate on timeslips?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I know when I had a Cobalt tuners were able to minimize the lag. Maybe sct or injected can't do that then? How does it translate on timeslips?
It makes zero performance difference in a drag race since once the throttle goes wide open it's already wide open.

It's not going to make any gains in power because it doesn't adjust the engine, it just spoofs the pedal position sensor signal.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It makes zero performance difference in a drag race since once the throttle goes wide open it's already wide open.

It's not going to make any gains in power because it doesn't adjust the engine, it just spoofs the pedal position sensor signal.
I realize now that while it sounded like a joking rhetorical comment in my head it didn't come off that way. I think in GM / cobalt land they called it PE delay or some form of torque management which was "fixed" with a tune. I assume there is no hardware issue here, they delay is programmed in for some reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts