Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i wonder if this would fit an 05-07 wagon? I love that look but I would as well have to get my valence? retrofitted . I priced that one time a while ago and just o make one more tailpipe thing would be 500 bucks. that was like in 07 or 08 so I suppose it would be a hole lot more today. but I love that look. I would have to have a resonator tho. I hate when people drive down our culdesac with loud mufflers at 50mph. It is rude but I do like a nice muffled sound. the old thrush's were nice. thanks and enjoy your new system . Thanks much

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
So this exhaust has been out of stock for a while now it seems. Does anyone know if it's ever going to be available again?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Idk if anyones still using this thread but i just came accross this exhaust today really like the sound from clips ive heard but it will be too loud with the straight middle pipe. Anyone think about just using the axle back section with the stock piping left intact to that point? I mean it is the same price for this catback as a ford racing axleback lol and the tip set up on the j2 is beautiful. Possible maybe to put a bracket onto the stock exhaust to bolt it right on maybe?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Idk if anyones still using this thread but i just came accross this exhaust today really like the sound from clips ive heard but it will be too loud with the straight middle pipe. Anyone think about just using the axle back section with the stock piping left intact to that point? I mean it is the same price for this catback as a ford racing axleback lol and the tip set up on the j2 is beautiful. Possible maybe to put a bracket onto the stock exhaust to bolt it right on maybe?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using FF Mobile
I was wondering the same thing. Since i have the 2nd cat and the resonator on the mid-pipe. Could i omit the straight pipe and have the rest of the J2 exhaust welded onto the factory mid-pipe? I hate California[rant]

·
Registered
49 Posts
J2 owners,

Could someone please take a measurement for me?

As it sits when installed, from the bottom lip of the rear bumper to the end of the exhaust tips.

I'm trying to figure out how far the stock tips extend out from under the car. I'll be switching out the tips on this catback and want to get my lengths correct before I make a purchase.

Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going to be a few more weeks before I can get this setup installed.

I actually like the stock tips, there's just too many of them. Going to cut and reweld as single tip exits, using the scrap from the straight pipe to keep them at present length. The Vibrant res will be a welcome addition.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
There is another discussion on the main Ford Focus Third Generation under J2 exhaust for a Mazda 3. It's a 3" Exhaust and I'm working on getting it installed soon.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There is another J2 Thread that I have listed my measurements for my system and the install. You can do a search for J2 exhaust and should find it...

·
Registered
439 Posts
felixthecat,

[scratch]Unfortunately; that I don't know. I've looked at the J2 Exhaust sight [poke]and they didn't have it listed. They mainly deal in Cat-Back Exhaust Systems and not just in Mufflers.

I would say its small enough for two to fit in the Tunnel under the Focus's Cabin. [???:)] I know that really doesn't help [:(] my only other suggestion would be to contact one of the sellers on Ebay with the system and ask them.

Sorry I couldn't give you more help [facepalm]

141 - 160 of 166 Posts