Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBay: 300001969739

They look awesome, but I'd like to know how well they fit and work before bidding. They will look KILLER lightly niteshaded.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Look like the euro ones, there are a couple people with them. I am not 100% sure but I know MOFOCUS (another moderator) has a similar set on his focus. You may want to ask him if you want.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
These are the best looking ones I've seen yet, bet they'd look great on a Liquid Gray!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd like to see a pair of those on a black car, I think the surround of the lights might look clear and it might not look so good. Don't know if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mofocus has the ones from European Parts. They aren't a direct fit for the US version. These appear to be replicas that are to US-specifications. Basically, if I can get someone to verify that these fit properly and are quality, I will be getting these beasts, especially since my other aftermarket ones crapped out on me.

And yes, 2000blackzx3, I know what you're saying. I had that concern as well. However, they do appear to have a black border, so they might just blend well with a black car. I was thinking of lightly smoking them so they have that blacked out look and still shine through normally.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Well, I just ordered them. I will let you know about the fitment and post some pics when I get them in...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks! That couldn't be any better, since you have the same car as me. I bet they are going to look sweet.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
not bad for the price I should buy some.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
They look good, but the price sold the deal!
Depending on how they look on the car I may want a light nightshade tint on them too, but once I have them I'll have the OEM ones for back up while I figure things out. May have to hit up some nightshade experts here too...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
those look pretty cool

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree, they look pretty nice from the pictures. Please post up somc pics with them installed in daylight.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'd hesitate to nightshade them myself... do we have a resident tinter? if I decide to get it done I'd be willing to pay for it to have it done right...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
^^^Thanks!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
They were in the mail today, and they're in the car now!

First, before we get to the pics, a short review.
Some general issues: fitment is fine, but I had to take a jacknife an SLIGHTLY modify the openings for the twist locks for the larger light bulbs. This involved making one slot about 1/8 or 3/16 of an inch longer. Not too big a deal, but unexpected.
Second, the passenger side light has some scratches in one spot, about the size of a nickel. While I may have done this myself handling the light I don't think I did. They did come well packaged, so I doubt it happened during shipping. By the time I found this spot I already mucked with the other light, although I'm not sure this spot would have caused me to send them back.
I do have some Mother's plastic polish and scratch remover. I think by hitting the area every so often it will clean up before too long. So something I lost track of in my enthusiasm, inspect first!

Now....

The third pic shows the scratches dead center.

Some of my own observations: While I think they would look better with a light nightshade tint, it's unlikely that I'll bother. The plastic of the housing is a flat matte black, which isn't far off the Liguid Gray, at least to the casual observer it's going to look dang near a color match.
For those looking for a mod to make your car different, but in no way "rice" I think these will do well.
Finally, are there better lights out there? Probably. But am I happy with these? Yeah, at least in the "opening the box" rush. Especially for the price.

Sorry this got a bit lenghty, but I know a couple of people are interested, so here's all the info. Sorry the pics aren't a little better, but since the outside of the housing is clear it's a little hard to get proper pics. If anyone would like the full blown originals let me know and I'll e-mail them.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Those are sweet. Does anyone know if they'll fit an '06? From what I can see, the tails look the same, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't think Ford has changed anything but the front end.
BTW, started thinking about it, and if you look at the pics on the first page you'll see the long retaining screw sticking out of the back. I'm betting that's what caused the scratches in shipping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts