Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing my car in for alignment tomorrow and I don't know if the shop will have the specs, it's not Ford-specific...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If they have a computerized rack i assure you they will have the specs. Now if you use those specs incorrectly you'll have trouble as well as the spec ranges are way toooooooo broad!

Ask for these if they're willing to set to requested specs. If they won't I'd consider taking it to someone who will.

Front toe: recommended setting -0.01 to -0.02 inches (minus is toe-out) Allowable range is -0.07" to
0.00"

Front caster is for the most part non-adjustable as well. Range is 2.0 to 4.1 degrees.

Rear toe: recommended setting +0.04 inches (+ is toe-in) Allowable range is +0.04" to +0.11"

Front camber is non adjustable. Range is -1.8 to +0.7 degrees. Don't worry too much about front camber. The car seems to tolerate negative camber if you don't go crazy with too much toe-out.

Rear camber is also non adjustable. The allowable range is -2.3 to +0.3 degrees. Some negative rear camber is good. However, if it is over -1.5 degrees (and especially if rear toe exceeds 0.04") you will most likely experience inside edge rear tire wear. Camber bolts can be used to reduce it to the recommended max (-1.5*) in most cases.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts