Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be in the market for a new car for the wife.
her father sells fords
so i figure this is the best place to get info on what is coming in 2005?
supercharged or turbo'd?
if a new motor is being put in any one have specs yet?

does ford offer a auto or auto-stick in svt's?

thanks all

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Number one, nope no auto or auto-manual. Number two, since you seem to be asking specifically about the SVT, you need to know that 2004 will be the last year for this car. For 2005 it's gone. Focus gets a mild redesign, new "ST" model that's sporty but not as aggressive as the SVT. No supercharger, no turbocharger. There are no plans to revive the SVT as Ford is now attempting to position SVT as an "upscale" brand and the Focus is too cheap for that. [V]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Oops, I guess I was kind of a bummer there. Sorry, welcome to the forum! Maybe a "regular" Focus would do instead of an SVT - the 2005 models are all getting bumped-up engines with more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you gentlemen,

honestly i thought i would never own a ford.. was always a chevy/dodge type.
how is ford? quality service overall? un biased ofcourse
cause i think im gonna end up with one..
ive browsed a svt and the interior seems ummm ok.. im talking kicking the tires and slamming the doors? quallity check.. solid built?
cause im probably gonna end up in some ford product

a 1.9t diesel VW is on my list too..

PS anyone have any numbers on the new focus.. will the 05's include a hatchback?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Theres a new member on the site who claims to know someone in SVT who said that the focus (assuming it will be under the SVT name since they are the ones working on it) will come back in 06 with a turbo and 220hp.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
gtistyle20v said:
how is ford? quality service overall? un biased ofcourse
cause i think im gonna end up with one..

PS anyone have any numbers on the new focus.. will the 05's include a hatchback?
(1) Service seems to vary (for me, anyway) depending on the dealer you take it to. Some are quick to help, very friendly and fast, others treat you like a nuisance that they would rather ignore.

(2) Check this link out for more info on the 05 Focus - and although it doesn't mention it anywhere, there will be hatch's for 05, too.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=17010&make_id=trust

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I've had my Focus in the shop more than all of my other cars combined. I've had it for about half a year. It hasn't been a problem though because I get a free car wash for owning an SVT.
Chevy has some new sporty Cavalier coming out in '05 or '06. It should be alright. Hopefully better than Saturn's Ion Redline RS. The Ion will deliver on speed but not on handling. Dodge's SRT4 is a winner. The SRT is the fastest car for the money. It doesn't handle as well as the others but most people won't take advantage of handling anyways. I'm not sure if the Nissan Sentra Spec V & Mazda Protege Mazdaspeed will be here in '05 but they're good cars. VWs are good cars also.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I know that the mazdaspeed protege won't. It's being replaced by the mazda 3 with a possible mazdaspeed version to follow in 06.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
Theres a new member on the site who claims to know someone in SVT who said that the focus (assuming it will be under the SVT name since they are the ones working on it) will come back in 06 with a turbo and 220hp.
This would be nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts