Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that no one wants to do anything in this forum anymore like we use to. What happened? I know there are a lot of people in the MA forum (a lot of you are in PA & VA) and other regional forums seem to be a lot more active then us. MA forum use to RULE!

Anyone have any ideas? I've almost given up hope and don't wanna post in here that much anymore[:(]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pardon the newbie. What is G2G? OH Get2Gether??

I've thought it would be kinda cool to take my Focus to VIR or Summit Point. I was real tempted by some of the outings planned through SVT Enthusiast (as an SVT owner I got a 1 year membership for free - I let it expire as it cost like $40/yr just to be a member). Would be kinda cool to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and/or Skyline Drive. But honestly, and realistically, it'd be hard to justify right now with family committments. It'd be a lot easier when the kids are grown and gone (right now they're 16 and 12).

I'd definately be up for something close by. Especially since gas has gotten so expensive.What are the other groups doing that is attractive?

·
Registered
887 Posts
its a get together..........a bunch of us w/ focus' go to a park or said meeting place and hang out.....sometimes a bbq is involved and sometimes not......

we just had one today in NJ and it was the first for a while.....but it was alot of fun!!

it seems MA has been dead on all the forums and im not sure why......

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goixoye said:
Pardon the newbie. What is G2G? OH Get2Gether??

I've thought it would be kinda cool to take my Focus to VIR or Summit Point. I was real tempted by some of the outings planned through SVT Enthusiast (as an SVT owner I got a 1 year membership for free - I let it expire as it cost like $40/yr just to be a member). Would be kinda cool to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and/or Skyline Drive. But honestly, and realistically, it'd be hard to justify right now with family committments. It'd be a lot easier when the kids are grown and gone (right now they're 16 and 12).

I'd definately be up for something close by. Especially since gas has gotten so expensive.What are the other groups doing that is attractive?
We have done the Skyline Drive thing a few times and it just got old (well, at least to me it did) There are a few that go to Summit Point in fact there is one Aug 5th I think? I'm up for a drive anywhere just as long as it's not 93075053865 miles away[:D]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
How about an engine swap at my house on the 29th? I got the parts for my engine swap (wheel, the flywheel is missing still, but I should get that in person this week), so its good to go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
you all should come down to Summit Point Raceway for the Redline Track Events.....it costs 15.00 to show your car and 15.00 to get in...so 30.00 if you do both...

it should be a good time....i'll probably be out there both days, but if you all only went once, i'll come out that day : )

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Newkleus said:
Yo people come out to this meet tomorrow (Friday 21July2006) in Sterling:

the address is::

45440 Dulles Crossing Plz
Sterling, VA 20166
(703) 444-0223

and it is from 8:00-12pm... norm the imports dont start showing up til later on at about 10:30 but im trying to get mor tuners there earlier

the imports are normally in the back and the hot rods/domestics are in the front
just google maps it
Holla at me if you see these cars:

I will be there tomorrow with my friend who has a 2004 Silverstone S2000.

Holla at me if you see this:

or my buddy's car:

He just found out he didn't buy his car stock, rather it was lowered on Espelirs.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work on Friday nights so I can't be there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'd like to do something. I have off next weekend. Let me know what you guys come up with. I'm still having some problems w/ my car, but its driveable.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As long as stuff is gonna happen on the weekends we could possibly make it and it's not 90237509137590 miles away.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
As long as stuff is gonna happen on the weekends we could possibly make it and it's not 90237509137590 miles away.
Excuses, excuses. Not much is close to where you're at.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Umm no, no excuses here. We are one of the few people that are willing to drive plus we work evenings so Friday night G2G are out for us.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Understandable. How far are you from Springfield for example?

I just myspaced you.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I checked out Mapquest and it's prolly around 2-2 1/2 hours.

And thanks for teh add[:)]

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was thinkin about coming out to this, but just last night the door was opened for me to hang out with a really hot female that I've been interested in for a while...so yeh...check out cars or hot female...tough decision, but I think I'm going to stick with the hot female. [woot]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts