Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found out my step brother has the burner and software to burn and tune the chip thats works on a focus ecu. Even has a spare chip for me as well.

Anyway he needs a stock ecu file to start working with so he can work out a tune for me.

Right now we wanna start slow like disabling the egr and 2nd o2 sensor and add a little more timing and what not.

I think we should have a place we can all upload our files so we can use and test/work with each others files.

Also does anyone have a description or map of the stock ecu?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Unless you know the addresses and sizes of the tables in the binary file you will not be able to find parameters to change. Having a binary file will not really be of much use to you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, but its the first thing i need, next is the other info i requested. He has had good luck figuring out the fuel and spark tables on his own for his turbo stang but yes the index would be great.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
You would be far better off getting the SCT Pro Racer Package , My guess is you friend was messing with the early ECU like a A9L and those were a cake walk to what your dealing with now

Tom

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would be far better off getting the SCT Pro Racer Package , My guess is you friend was messing with the early ECU like a A9L and those were a cake walk to what your dealing with now

Tom
That doesnt look all that differnt from what he is using.

Just talked to him and it looks like he found a stock dump on moates and is playing with it now.

That software is nice but $300 is overkill for what i was looking for really. Like using a nuke instead of a firecracker. If i could disable the egr and 2nd o2 i would be happy, any timing advance and what not is just a bonus.

·
Registered
720 Posts
That doesnt look all that differnt from what he is using.

Just talked to him and it looks like he found a stock dump on moates and is playing with it now.

That software is nice but $300 is overkill for what i was looking for really. Like using a nuke instead of a firecracker. If i could disable the egr and 2nd o2 i would be happy, any timing advance and what not is just a bonus.
Then buy a preloaded device like the predator or Xcal. Either one would give you all that you are looking for.

There is a reason tuning companies charge for software and things like that. If you really think about what you have access to if you are using the pro racer package for instance then think about how much engineering time went into developing everything so that it is easier for the customer to use and organizing the tables then the money is more than worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts