Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they any good i know they don't have intercoolers and vortec comes with a power cooler but is more money??? i think i fawked up this should be moved to forced induction sorry. : (
ill tell you a few things about me. i know quite a bit about the foci. i run 15.6 at 88.6 mph.

i have a scorpion body kit (full kit)
konig verdicts 17 inch with nitto extreme 450 tires
i have cuzo driving lamps the angle eye ones that go into the front bumper where they are to be mounted in and they are
tinted window all the way around the car except the front window of course
now the goodies the real ones[:D]
K&N cold air intake
focus central 65mm throttle body
focus central full race header w/m.i.l eliminator
focus central flex pipe
hks high-flow exhaust
diablo sport racing chip (standard tune)
thats all nothing in the interior but a ford steering wheel cover and some for racing shoulder pads ; p
im 20 yrs. old im a custodian in park ridge and ive had my focus since august 01, 2002
it is now currently in hybernation in my garage on jack stands.
:to the mods: where do i post my car parts like say some type of profile??? thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't have one, but here is some information that I have gleaned.

The jackson is a fairly straight forward install and you will end up with about 160 whp.

The vortech I believe is more complicated to install and I think (not sure) you end up moving the battery. You will however see more Hp gains from the vortech.

I'm sure that other people have more input and will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
where would u get the pully I thought the jrs didn't have any mods that could be added? custom made?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ya just pick one up some place i don[t know where to get them though

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have A JRSC on my 03 ZX3 5spd Car, and yes they only push about 4.5psi in stock trim when I had mine dyoned it pulled 146whp with 65mm TB, FC Race header, FC flex pipe, borla cat back and FS air intake, a Company out of Texas ASP will custom make you a pully the stock size on the SC is 3" the upgrade is either 2.6" or 2.3" they run about 95$ and takes about 3 or so weeks to get I have a 2.3" on the way, but keep in mind that it will need some custom tuning sence the JR Fuel Card will not support the upgrades, I also relocated my Air charge temp sensor after the SC so it would read the air temp before it enters the motor, and I also have 42lbs injectors and pro-m 70 MM mass air as well to go with it. And a guy who is going to dyno tune the car. if you have any other question I may be able to help you with email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you wouldn't know of any tune shops that are good in chicago would you??? its so hard most shops down here only deal with your common honda motor. did you feel a nice gain when you supercharged you foci @ factory jrsc settings?

·
Registered
101 Posts
not off hand in the chicago area but they guy who is tuning mine he could make a chip for yours if you had a similar set up, it the program would be tested sence he is doing it for my car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
and as a reply to your other question about power on jrsc settings, it was a bit of work to get it to even push 4.5psi, but after I figured it out and JR really wasnt any help with the initial boost problem it feels ok but no where near what I think it should be thats why I am doing the boost upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JRSC

I have a similar set-up to firehawk, althought I am using turbo toms MIC fuel management system and snow performance stage II variable boost water injection system. With the 2.3" pulley you will notice a significant difference, necer had the stock 3.0, always had the 2.6. ASP takes more like a month for a custom pulley. I have a brand new 2.6 if you need one, $50.

I need to take full advantage of my Autologic chip on the dyno, I have a 4-bank chip and plan on putting some timing back in.

·
Registered
816 Posts
firehawk93 said:
and as a reply to your other question about power on jrsc settings, it was a bit of work to get it to even push 4.5psi, but after I figured it out and JR really wasnt any help with the initial boost problem it feels ok but no where near what I think it should be thats why I am doing the boost upgrade.
'

What did you have to do to get it to push 4.5psi?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to take the SC off and play with the bypass valve and i got it to go up to 4psi with the adjustment screw on it but it was still letting boost seap by the butterfly, so I got JR to send me a new bypass valve and adjusted that one and it was much better.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i read an article on a zx3 in sport compact car that had the jackson supercharger on it, and had an dupgrade 7 lb. pulley-u could try and contact them 2 see if they make em???-also why not go turbo-more hp is always better-i've found a couple if anybody wants 2 know some info.-also some of the turbos ive found come in diff stages-anyaws lataz!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
so turbo is better the Supercharger?...and how much hp do you guys have know since you put the Jacksonracing in total...isnt stock 130 hp

·
Registered
101 Posts
just recently I had my car dynoed (see my other post) and my ZX3 got 179.8WHP and 160.5WTQ, so thats not bad to the wheels, should be over 200hp to the crank VS the 130hp stock

·
Registered
105 Posts
focus mike said:
you wouldn't know of any tune shops that are good in chicago would you??? its so hard most shops down here only deal with your common honda motor. did you feel a nice gain when you supercharged you foci @ factory jrsc settings?
My buddy just had a turbo installed/custom tuned by Tony's Fast Lane in Lyons his car's running 450 HP 493 ft/lbs and it's smooth as stock...they trailer the cars to a dyno in Joliet to custom tune them, might want to check them out.

edit: he has an '01 SS that's why he's pushing that much to the wheels [thumb]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
doesnt sound like they know anything about the focus then in particular

·
Registered
105 Posts
They've worked on all types of cars, they're a custom shop not limited to any type of car. I'm sure they know what they're doing.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
firehawk93 said:
just recently I had my car dynoed (see my other post) and my ZX3 got 179.8WHP and 160.5WTQ, so thats not bad to the wheels, should be over 200hp to the crank VS the 130hp stock
Did you get the extra 33whp(you recently posted 146whp) from just installing the 2.3 pully, 42lb injectors and 70mm MAF ?

Can you post pics of the dyno ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
firehawk93 said:
If you have a 5speed, then you are pushing 206.77 hp at the crank.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts