Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your talking about port matching to the throttle body, correct? Do you have a larger throttle body?

If yes here's what you do...

remove the TB and gasket, the gasket should match the opening of the TB
place the gasket on the IM and trace it
this will give you a guide of how much to remove
stick a rag into the IM to prevent anything falling into the IM
use either a drill with a hole saw or a dremel to cut away the IM to the line
vacuum out the IM
replace everything and enjoy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what tool do u guys use on the dremel. is it the sanding wheel or the metal tipped piece. and ive never had my im off nor my tb. should i know of anything to look out for while doing this project

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
havent you ever heard about dumping sand down your throttle body to port the intake manifold[hihi]

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

from a audi forum
l

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
havent you ever heard about dumping sand down your throttle body to port the intake manifold[hihi]
ohh nooooozzz!!!! it was you wasnt it!?!?!?!?!?!

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
maybe[shhh] lol no audis in my line up, last car was ford current cars ford and my new (old) cars ford audis are a pain in the pooper to maintain so im told. a buddy of mine had a a4 and sold it because it needed catalatic convertors and they were stupid expensive. back on topic
if you think you really need a p&p pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it so you actually see some kind of flow improvement instead of loss of flow which is a possibility when doing it yourself

·
Registered
520 Posts
We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

from a audi forum
l
Did you replace the motor after this? Worse idea ever. Atleast you did it to a honda.

The sand is used for polishing. I use actual sand. but first you have to port it. Use dremmel tool with metal bit, then a stone bit, then a flapper bit. I usually just flapper my syuff real good or you can then sand blast it for polishing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcrides03
We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

from a audi forum
l
---------------

ROFL!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
comomn you don't wanna sand your valves and piston walls too? why do we use air filters just let the dirt in and it'll port everything for you.

Bad Bad idea only do this to a honda that you don't own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts