Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running an Orion D5000 Amp and 2 12" Pioneer 30001D4's and my car looks like a giant vibrator when I play any tunes..

Ford Focus MK1.. can't seem to isolate the rattle, i have 2 layers of dynamat in the boot and not much difference seems the whole thing is rattling and it chills out a bit if i apply pressure to it..

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Check the latch striker......that's the part on the body that the latch closes down on. It's supposed to have a layer of plastic covering the metal. If the plastic wears off, you'll have a metal on metal situation.

And since there's movement there, you'll get noises. Replace the thing, or keep it covered with heavy grease....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I've had a look at that doesnt seem to be it.. looks like the whole glass is shaking :S and the whole boot :S:S when i drive down a road with my bass pumping it looks like my cars about to fall apart :(

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Heavy/loud bass could shake a building.......not to mention turn you deaf. ^^^^Don't do that. [nono]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know, the bass isnt THAT loud but i still get this rattling and it is ruining my life.

i may consider suicide if this rattle is not fixed.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
So you only get the rattle when you crank up the bass? If that's the case, you may be out of luck no matter what you do. I don't think the Focus is heavy enough to prevent vibrations from a big amp.

I also hate rattles/vibrations. I'd trash the whole sound system before enduring such noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend has a vauxhall corsa and he gets no rattles and he has a decent sound system! it pisses me off so much i nearly stabbed him.

:<.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I found the plastic shroud covering the truck rattles....found some foam to dampen the noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm that sounds good.. ive decided to :

- put sealant around the window
- retune my sub so that the frequencys or whatever arent causing more rasttle than they need to.
-tighten every single screw/nut/bolt i can find
- dynamat another couple of layers ontop of the existing ones..

erm yeah, and if this doesnt fix it, time to sell my system :/

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
where exactly is the rattle coming from? licenece plate? is it a hatchback or saloon?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's a hatchback, its not the license plate that has about 5 layers of double sided tape on it and the screws lol, seems like the whole boot.. if i drive around all you hear is a rattling car down the road..

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
just noticed too the subs you are running and i am not suprised lol....umm have you layered the entire hatch already with dynamat or any other sort of sound mat? if you have not try stuffing poly fill in the space in between the outter skin of the hatch and the inner side. It will help slow down the sound waves and help cut down the rattles..other than welding a ton of supports to the hatch you will never eliminate teh rattles but it will help cut down for sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts