Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well within the next couple of weeks I should have some new springs, shocks, and struts to lower my car. But here's the problem, after I buy the stuff, I'll be officially strapped for cash. I have no idea how to install this stuff, so I was hoping that I could get help from someone around here. I know if I go to a shop to install it, I will be paying alot. If anyone here would be willing to help me out, please let me know. Also, how long does this normally take? My car is an '02 and I'm located in the Appleton area.

If you are looking to be paid, that could be worked out too, you'd just need to let me know how much you are asking for.

Thanks.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
There's several guys up there that should be willing to help. I'd show up to help out if you were closer. All I'd ask for is beer and pizza in return....lol

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahhaa, I'd love to provide that.
There is a problem though... I'm only 16.

But to anyone that wants to help me out, don't let that scare you away lol. I'm one of the coolest, but mature 16 yr olds you'll meet. Thats exactly what the guy who I found on craigslist said that helped me with my rims.

Oh, and if it matters, I have my car lit up (as you can see in my gallery). If you need any type of help with setting up lights, leds, cathodes, neons, etc I can do anything you need. I have all my stuff wired up to a switch panel in my ash tray. I can also help setup subs, amps, headunits, etc. I'm good with electrical stuff. I'm very inexperienced in the suspension and performance section lol thats the problem...

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you weren't 4 hours away, I'd be there to screw things up...er...help out, too. However, my fiancée would kill me if she found out I drove 8 hours to help a guy "change some springs" on his car ('cause that's all she'd get), and got nothing in return but food and beer (going rate for helping out a buddy).

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you weren't 4 hours away, I'd be there to screw things up...er...help out, too. However, my fiancée would kill me if she found out I drove 8 hours to help a guy "change some springs" on his car ('cause that's all she'd get), and got nothing in return but food and beer (going rate for helping out a buddy).
Lol... yeah thats understandable.
I've actually been to Rockford a few times. It's a big city, there are some nice parts, and some bad parts lol. I found myself in one of the bad parts, and it wasn't the most pleasant thing I've experienced in my life. But it was a nice trip and I'd go back...

·
Registered
418 Posts
^^ Yeah, avoid the south side, and the southwest side in particular. However, the east side and everything north of Rockford (where I actually live) which is more commonly known as "The Parks" (Loves Park and Machesney Park), are both awesome, and 10 minutes more north into Rockton/Roscoe is also really nice. Basically, just avoid anything south of downtown.

If you're ever in these parts again (I've been to Appleton several times, too), shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number. I'm a semi-pro photographer, so we can get some shots of our cars nailed down (and I know all the hot areas around here).

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah dude, sounds good. I'll give you a PM if I'm down there again.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
post up in the focus nation area, ill be home starting the 19th... maybe mike could swing down from manti and help us out... him and i have done.... uhhh to many to count and he has a better spring compressor then i do... just post up in the focus nation area so he can see it... and remember you will need an alignment (80$ at a place in appleton i cant remember the name right now)

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
post up in the focus nation area, ill be home starting the 19th... maybe mike could swing down from manti and help us out... him and i have done.... uhhh to many to count and he has a better spring compressor then i do... just post up in the focus nation area so he can see it... and remember you will need an alignment (80$ at a place in appleton i cant remember the name right now)
Alright man, I'll post there. And yes, I figured that I would probably need an alignment, so I will plan on getting that. Thanks alot though, I will be sure to post there, and I will let you know when my suspension stuff gets in [:D]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ill maybe be able to help, but I can't committ to anything. I from Oshkosh and have swapped out my suspension 3 times now so I have a lil experience with it. I'm currently at UW-Mil so not in town for a couple weeks but if I am able to help I will let you know.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill maybe be able to help, but I can't committ to anything. I from Oshkosh and have swapped out my suspension 3 times now so I have a lil experience with it. I'm currently at UW-Mil so not in town for a couple weeks but if I am able to help I will let you know.
Sounds good dude. I'll let you know when I get everything purchased, and then maybe we can setup a time for everyone...

Oh, and zx360, where is this Focus Nation area that you're talking about. I can't seem to find it, and I'd like to post.

Thanks.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replied

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
focus nation area is down below the regional forums... its a club area!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts