Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up there recently to help my brother scout a Dodge Rampage (don't ask me why a Rampage!), and because we were so close; we asked the guy selling his son's car where/how far Centralia was from there...
We were in his little econo-car regrettably, but we "found" some of the most AMAZING roads on our way!
I need to get my car back in shape before I go up there, the shocks and tires need replacing, the hills and mountain roads were pretty well preserved for the little amount of traffic we saw, the path we took through the countryside was not only gorgeous, but CHOCK full of switchbacks... the only regret was that we hadn't taken my ZX3; there must've been fifty badass turns along the path we took!
One of 'em, called Mountain Rd., if my memory serves me correctly, was through the woods on the way up and through, had 2-3 INSANELY awesome hairpins and a descent down the other side with a killer view through the trees, small turn after small grade-change, no guardrail to spoil the view and a drop-off like out of Ice Road Truckers!!!
I'm gonna take some time and put something together for next year, 'cause this has gotta be on par with the 'Dragons Tail' or whatever the name of the Carolinian set of turns people vacation at!

Anyone from there know which road I'm talking about?! I'm near Frederick, MD but I'm gonna try crashing at a friends house in York, PA to save more daylight for fun-runs and pictures when I go back!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
lotsa good roads up there like that...Thats why I LOVE my motorcycles...

Only thing is, the Dragon got ruined by TOO MUCH publicity IMO

Glad ya' found a few

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I was up that was a few times actually to go to Centralia. There are some nice roads up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts