Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i couldn't find a picture where someone had done a converible mod so i made it myself (in photoshop anyway). the '06 wouldn't look to bad as a drop top ^_^

oh, and if this is the wrong section just let me know or move it wherever. i just assumed that it could be considerred an exterior mod :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you (or anyone else) can remember where it is, you'd be my hero for the day. I'd love to see a real one, and not one of the '07s.

and damn right she's a sexy focus... she's topless[rofl]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, that's an '07

·
Registered
531 Posts
Gimme a sawsall and I'll make a convertible focus for free.

Cutting stuff with a sawsall is fun... That's a great photoshop, though, and it's also great proof of concept. I really loved the idea of a hardtop focus convertible, never thought about softtop. I wonder how hard it is to do... I bet with the hatch right there, it could be done. It'd just look wierd with how huge the softtop part would have to be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dispraiser said:
I wonder how hard it is to do... I bet with the hatch right there, it could be done. It'd just look wierd with how huge the softtop part would have to be.
i figure, you'd have to reverse the hatch and make it like a tailgate.

Gumbercules said:
Wouldnt it slowly collapse in on itself? Isnt the roof structural?
focusandwich?[thumb]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gumbercules said:
Wouldnt it slowly collapse in on itself? Isnt the roof structural?
Yeah. It couldn't be done without major reinforcement to the unibody and probably completely redesigning the rear suspension. Converting it would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
a sedan would probably be beter for this but hey cut it and let us see

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wouldn't the B pillars get in the way? you know.. the whole "supporting the rear doors" thing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts