Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully clutch started one of these? I have a 2013 SE and i've attempted to a few times (with a good battery), i've done it how I normally do in other cars but no luck. Turn the key to the on position, select 2nd gear (also tried 1st), sink the clutch and let it run downhill then release the clutch while pressing the gas pedal. When I do that the tachometer will go to maybe 2000 rpm while i'm holding the gas pedal but it doesn't start.

At another time i'm planning to try releasing the clutch a bit slower and i'll also try turning the key as someone told me that when they clutch start their amarok they have to turn the key as well, dont know if that will work as that's a right hand drive vehicle and you dont have to sink the clutch to start it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have never tried... I have the push button.

I do know with my old cars I always used to hit the starter also as I dumped the clutch. I think that little extra boost might be necessary.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never tried in my Focus, but all I've ever had to do is turn the key to 'on', drop it in 2nd, roll it down a hill, and pop the clutch. Never had to use the gas or or the starter. That even goes as far back as a 73 Datsun 620.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2nd gear ?. if you in a true manual with the clutch, you hold the clutch in put it in 1st and continue holding clutch and let it roll own a hill, then release the clutch its called poping the clutch alway do it in 1st not 2nd, if its manual automatic no clutch not possible

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually do it in 2nd as long as the space I'm doing it in isn't really short, less stress on parts when popping the clutch, first is for when the space is short or someone is pushing or something is wrong with the vehicle other than just battery or maybe starter/solenoid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts