Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about building one for the svt. I had one on a 5.0 Mustang once and it really woke up the engine. Think I'll build one and try it on the focus. Anyone ever try it????

·
Registered
511 Posts
Either this weekend or the next, I plan on routing a semi-rigid aluminum duct from the right corner of the lower grille to feed my SRI. The only thing I have to look at is what size ducting to get. The space in the grille is a little over 3 inches, but the space where the stock snorkel used to go into the airbox is only 2.5 inches.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
there's been a few different ones around...

I personally have the AEM CAI, and when I want the extra kick of a little forced air, I remove the left front foglamp, since the filter is right behind it. It makes a bit of a difference, not TRUE ram air, but darn close.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
In case it looks familar, this was in another thread.
dazada said:
I tried a somewhat-similar diy mod one time with mine that I called "******* ram air". First I removed the scoop and hose that leads to the air box. Then I went to Ace hardware and bought a 2-2 1/2 foot length of clear tubing (I cant remeber the diameter, but it was large enough to go over the outlet of the scoop) and some hose clamps. I mounted the scoop upside down to the bottom of my bumper and ran the clear tubing from the scoop to my airbox. I'm not really sure of exactly how well it worked, but the airflow had to have been better than the scoop stuffed under the hood (and plus you couldnt see the scoop unless you got down and looked at the bottom of the bumper).
It must've been doing something because there were all sorts of dead bugs crammed in my K&N.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I also have the snorkel in place with my FS intake...at one point I was wondering how well it would really vent air up in the heat sheild, so I pulled it out and just blew into the front end of it and put my hand on the other. I was surprised that the air really moved through that tube with the greatest of ease. I think it helps quite a bit, but the only catch is that you have to be moving. Sitting still you are still prone to heatsoak.

I am now migrating to a piperX intake and plan on running the hose all the way up to the front grill where it can havea slight ram-air effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts