Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else is running HIDs in there 2012. I am running them in my car I got 8ks in the his and lows and 6ks in the fogs the only problem with the lights so far are a "dipped beam fault" when I turn them on. Anyone else running them cause I would like to seem them and what kind of problems u had

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm waiting to see if we can retrofit the OEM HID system from the Euro model. I'm sure it'll perform better.

·
Registered
647 Posts
This has been discussed in another thread, but I don't have time to find it now and I can't remember the specifics. But you're not the only one with this problem. Do a search and you should be able to find it.

I bought a HID kit and have since changed my mind about installing them based on others' experiences.

Tony

·
Registered
647 Posts
What exactly is it we are waiting for? Someone to call a Ford dealership in the UK? Or is there a U.S. release in the works I don't know about?

Tony

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dipped beam fault?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anyone retrofitting HID's to a vehicle should using a relay kit. It solves some of the random issues that can happen. Sometimes the stock harness just doesn't provide the ballest enough power, a relay kit connects directly to the battery and only uses the stock harness as the switch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Anyone retrofitting HID's to a vehicle should using a relay kit. It solves some of the random issues that can happen. Sometimes the stock harness just doesn't provide the ballest enough power, a relay kit connects directly to the battery and only uses the stock harness as the switch.
Spoken like an expert! Your right though. On our 2011 GMC Terrain I had to use a relay kit even though I had a canbus fix.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe if you install BOW3s along with your kit and batt harness, it should get rid of the dipped beam fault. Did you document your installation? I would love to see some pics on the install

1 - 12 of 12 Posts