Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice how BAD youtube represents the SVT focus? I mean come on, we in here know that the car is not meant for a straight line but obviously those that post videos on youtube beg to differ.

I can't find one video where the SVT beats a reputable opponent, not one. In one they even have a Neon SXT beating it.

If they would show more Autox vids or canyon runs it would be better but I am embarassed on how this car looks to those that don't know a lot about it because it looks SO bad when all you see are drag racing vids.

For the sake of our reputation, please stop racing this car in a straightline.[driving]

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have always loved the look of the Focus zx3/5 and when I was in the market for a new (to me ) car the SVT seemed like a no brainer. Being a car junkie I you tubed the car to see exhaust clips, driving clips, etc etc. Along with those I found a ton of clips of the SVT getting spanked by some pretty ridiculous cars ( stock 91 integra..lol I dont think so)..once I saw that clip I immediatley realized these clips arent very credible. Afterall they ARE made alot of the time by the person who is "beating" the SVT ( even though the SVT had no idea they were even racing..).

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On tracks, just the types of videos that should be up, those that show the SVT's prowess in the curves. Unfortunately these don't get seen as much as the "drag" racing ones because Americans love the straight line, and where the car gets walloped.

Look at the SRT-4 vids for example, a car that does not do so well in the curves but is MASSIVELY more respected for its straightline speed, and therefore as a car in general by the public, as seen in the youtube videos, in a few they even murdered some boosted SVTs

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Eh, even when I had a N/A SVT I could keep up with Mustang GTs and WRXs in the twisties, now that I'm boosted, these cars really don't scare me. Maybe I'll have to make some vids?

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry man, but even though the Focus handles turns with surprising confidence ... where can I buy the awd version? You know, like in the rally? Hmm?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
How many road course videos do you want of an SVT focus holding its own?

Check HERE: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Ferraris, Cobras, Porsches, S2000's, Miatas, on down the line come away with a much healthier respect for the SVT after being on track with one or two.

Just poke around and you'll find some good stuff.

Personally, I like the fact that the SVT is underestimated by most. Makes for a REALLY great conversation and jaw drop when they find out that I am COMPLETELY stock. [race]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the AWD version kit has been poster once or twice on here. but it is about 200k to make. it is a custom job done over in the UK and well, isn't for most people. I've searched and searched b4 on this website, but haven't found it in a while!! it was some obscure title that i can't seem to pinpoint down. if i find it, i will post up the link.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
the people that pick on our car, i usally give them alot of shit an i mean alot of shit. I drag one on for almost a month.

·
Registered
743 Posts
just make you car faster....thats what i did.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
most of my co workers come away wit ha bit more respect for my car when they try and drag it on the highway. the are surprised when i can keep up or walk away. and i have jack crap done to it.man i really gott get on this turbo build.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i had a few videos of me drag racing up but got sick of people bashing me for driving a girls car. and giving me a bad rep. i think that people with a V8 are insolted that a focus can beat them.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/piperpunk/?action=view&current=svt-zx3.flv

this one is my fav cause it is me kicking a camed 5.0 stang ass at the track.
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/piperpunk/?action=view&current=06-06-08_2106.flv
sweet video quality...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts