Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many other Focus lovers are in Vermont. I've seen a few around here that stand out from the run of the mill ones. I was driving the sonic blue SVT with yellow fogs and white stickers on the hatch window, but I just bought a 2007 infra red ST with the SAP bumpers.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome, I think there was another thread a couple weeks ago about Vermonters. From nh myself, although moving to DC in a couple weeks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, I haven't actually explored most of this site even though I've been registered since 2013. Usually just pop in when I have a question about something, lol. How do you like your ST? So far I'm liking mine, can't say it's overall better than my svt but I love the torque it has, and a couple bolt on mods will probably put it right where the svt is.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I love mine. It's dropped 1.5" with the FRPP kit, I just got 17 inch wheels and tires to put on (probably next weekend) and I'm going to do a balance shaft delete next weekend too. Don't know if you had researched that mod, it's a cheap one for the 2.3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually just bought a set of the FRPP springs, I've still got my summer 17s from the SVT. not sure if I'll end up doing the balance shaft delete, it looks like a simple and cheap mod but I just did the oil change lol. I might just do those things and a short throw shifter and call it good for a while.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello. I know there is a few from the 802. I'm right up in Graniteville. Had a 02 zx3 for about 4 years and just got into an mk3 last July. Ill have to keep my eye out for your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh hey, you're pretty close. How do you like the mk3? I haven't even been in one yet. Looking forward to trying out an RS next year though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome, I think there was another thread a couple weeks ago about Vermonters. From nh myself, although moving to DC in a couple weeks
Hey that was me who started that thread back then. It's good to see a few fellow Vermonters here. I actually saw a gray MK3 with a black ST style spoiler on it going North next to 89 near I think Waterbury. I drive a black MK3 with red stickered mud flaps and a black ST style spoiler. I'll keep my eyes open for you guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in Northfield and work in Montpelier. I travel I89 as well throughout the area. I have a Sterling Grey focus with Green Nokian Rims and stickers, the wife has a 2013 Blacked out SE. MY car is going to the Body shop on the 11th and its geting the ST Bumper and headlights due to a young kid losing control on the highway and forcing me to hit them. We'll have to set up a little get together sometime. My work is Vianor Tire in Montpelier and I'm free to use the parking lot if all of us are in the area.

Darin

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live in Northfield and work in Montpelier. I travel I89 as well throughout the area. I have a Sterling Grey focus with Green Nokian Rims and stickers, the wife has a 2013 Blacked out SE. MY car is going to the Body shop on the 11th and its geting the ST Bumper and headlights due to a young kid losing control on the highway and forcing me to hit them. We'll have to set up a little get together sometime. My work is Vianor Tire in Montpelier and I'm free to use the parking lot if all of us are in the area.

Darin
Hey! I'll keep an eye out for you. I work and live in Randolph so I'm only about 20 min away. We should see if we can get a group together of Vermont focus fanatics! By the way how much does an ST bumper conversion cost if I may ask? I'm interested in doing one myself at some point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's 2 ways to do it.

ST "style" bumper - no modification or replacing of parts besides bumper $450 part + paint + labor if you don't do it yourself. Still need to source the tow hook cover and front badge.

Real ST Bumper conversion - Bumper, grills and upper support piece and lower splash shield will run you about 1k+ paint and labor.

OEM Bumper - $230 + paint + labor

Insurance is paying for oem and my wife said no to the conversion tonight due to the extra cost and she reminded me we're building a deck and going to florida this year so the extra money is better spent else where. I am going to mess around with plastidip and do that instead of the extra cost for a front end that will look a little different but not worth the money that my insurance won't cover due to the accident.

We should definitely set up a meet sometime in the near future. maybe we can flag down some more focus owners and get something organized.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just put the FRPP springs in my 2007 red ST, so it's due for an alignment and I was thinking of bringing it to vianor anyway, lol. You'll probably see it soon, I need to pull them back out to put some isolators on them first.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's 2 ways to do it.

ST "style" bumper - no modification or replacing of parts besides bumper $450 part + paint + labor if you don't do it yourself. Still need to source the tow hook cover and front badge.

Real ST Bumper conversion - Bumper, grills and upper support piece and lower splash shield will run you about 1k+ paint and labor.

OEM Bumper - $230 + paint + labor

Insurance is paying for oem and my wife said no to the conversion tonight due to the extra cost and she reminded me we're building a deck and going to florida this year so the extra money is better spent else where. I am going to mess around with plastidip and do that instead of the extra cost for a front end that will look a little different but not worth the money that my insurance won't cover due to the accident.

We should definitely set up a meet sometime in the near future. maybe we can flag down some more focus owners and get something organized.

Thanks for the pricing! I'll have to hold off if the St conversion is that much. I did the wing and I thought that was pricy at 300ish. Happy to hear the insurance company is paying for that bumper. One of these weekends for sure we should get a group together for a meet up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just put the FRPP springs in my 2007 red ST, so it's due for an alignment and I was thinking of bringing it to vianor anyway, lol. You'll probably see it soon, I need to pull them back out to put some isolators on them first.
We are currently 2 weeks out for appointments due to the spring tire change over season. Set up an appointment as soon as you know what day you'll have it ready to roll.

My car is heading back to the alignment rack for a quick check once I put another couple hundred miles on my Eibachs and they settle down some more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be getting the isolators in soon, then I'll make an appointment as soon as I can.

on an unrelated note, I noticed another infra red mk1.5 with the SAP package going the other direction on the highway today, including the SAP spoiler that I want. I wonder if they're on this forum..

·
Registered
91 Posts
So there is a sports car Club of Vermont autocross event in Plattsburg NY this Sunday. All are welcome just need to bring a snell approves helmet. I've attached tells link below. Would be great to see some focuses representing there!

http://forums.sccv.org/viewtopic.php?p=39233#p39233

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm aware this is an older thread but I only live about 30 minutes from WRJ in NH if anyone wanted to schedule a get-together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As of Saterday Dec. 12th there is now a new SVT owner in VT. Just picked up an 04 in Brattleboro. It migrated up from Conn, so i got it with minimal rust for a Vermont car. SVT First Pic.jpg . Got some tinkering to do before i am happy happy with it. I do have to say this thing impresses the heck out me. I ran a brand new ZX2 in 2000 and loved the standard Zetec. This thing makes that feel sluggish. Cant wait to see some others floating around. Repair log and build to come in the future, tho i don't plan on going overboard. I think SVT had a clue what they were doing and i don't see major reasons to change much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts