Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a pretty sizeable coolant leak coming from the left front of the vehicle around lunch time. Enough that by the time I got it to the dealership, it was already well below the "MIN" line. Can't see anything obvious but am wishing for nothing more than a loose hose/connection as I'm only @ ~2500km

Looking into the top of the engine bay near the Left Front of the car I can see a small puddle on the plastic undercarriage cover but don't see anything wet near the hoses.

I don't recall anything significant occuring in the past few days (like running over something on the road, or anything impacting the car) but I just double-checked and there's a damp spot in the garage (I didn't notice it earlier because I happened to have a small mat right under where it's leaking from)!

Oh an no, there is no notice on the dash for low coolant and my temp gauge was still at normal (although I opened up the moonroof/windows and cranked up the heat as a precautionary measure in case I lost a lot more coolant on the way).

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have read about a few with leaky t-stat housings, havent had one yet here at work. Hope it gets sorted asap!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like they're saying the radiator itself is leaking and are replacing that tomorrow. Unfortunately, no replacement car for me even though they won't finish with the car until the end of the day tomorrow (but I'll check again tmw morning).

Pretty weak for my first Ford warranty repair , also weak that they didn't bother to tell me until I called them back to find out if I'd get my car back today or not (they close in less than an hour @6PM).

First strike is the paint defect/missing paint in two spots.
Second strike is this faulty radiator after less than 2500km.
I love this car but sadly, they're keeping up with the Volkses ...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone runs into this, the radiator part no. is:
CV6Z-8005-A

Also, it seems that when they do this repair they have to "evacuate and recover" the A/C System (I guess they mean the refrigerant) and the total job was charged at 3.70 units (I take this to mean 3.70 hours) @ a rate up here of $107.00/hr!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hopefully that's all the issues you have. I do remember the radiator going on my Saturn early on, under warranty covered. But still a hassle. Nice colour choice!, that would have been my first choice had they had one in stock!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Focus cooling problem

I have a 2012 Focus which has been trough two head gaskets and a head resurfacing. It has 30K so far....

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus which has been trough two head gaskets and a head resurfacing. It has 30K so far....
Yeesh - and they're certain that's the problem?

The two most common causes of coolant loss/gunk in the degas bottle that I've seen on MK3s are the leaking radiator by the driver's side headlight (as noted earlier in this thread) and a small leak in the tube that goes from the heater core to the water pump.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306659&page=7

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, they just decided it isn't the head gasket, but the radiator, They told me a week ago it was the head gasket, but that there was "residual" coolant around the head gasket. When they put in the dye, it showed the radiator was leaking and bad.

Thanks for your post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts