Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a magazine after seeing the cover article about (example) "First 07 Mustang in the 10's" or some shit like that... hoping for some descent tech article and a mod list ..... then finding out there's nothing original left on the car other than the body??

Its like... NO SHIT... you gutted the car and put a 900whp supercharged big block in it... and they're surprized it ran in the 10's [rolleyes]

·
Registered
285 Posts
ZX2 drag racer

Picking up a magazine after seeing the cover article about (example) "First 07 Mustang in the 10's" or some shit like that... hoping for some descent tech article and a mod list ..... then finding out there's nothing original left on the car other than the body??

Its like... NO SHIT... you gutted the car and put a 900whp supercharged big block in it... and they're surprized it ran in the 10's [rolleyes]
Oh, it's like the ZX2's running 4-5 sec quarter mile times on the pro-drag series! [clap]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Thats why I like the original Focus Fanatics magazine. It did a good job explaining bolt ons and very down to earth mag.

I bet if you started a shade tree magazine where you specialized in budget builds and stuff you could do in a one car garage it would be a popular seller!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Its called "Project Car", its an offshoot of Super Street that has the content that you stated, and its actually pretty good.

·
Registered
755 Posts
^^ What kinda cars does it cover?

It seems like most of the mags forget the important stuff. But, to most flash sells. If theres an intresting cover than maybe theyll be intresting shit inside.

Nicks right if a mag would cover just bolt on projects for specific cars it would be great.
I also dislike the misrepresentation of facts. In my latest mustang mags, they show a built 2v stang making 600+RWHP. In the article it states the owner was directed to swap from his turbo setup to a Kenne bell supercharger to make more power. We all know turbos make gobs more power than superchargers. I guess thats what we get for listening to car enthusiast who do nothing more than sit behind desks and drive only the best of the best.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
^^it covers just about everything...its pretty broad.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
^^ What kinda cars does it cover?

It seems like most of the mags forget the important stuff. But, to most flash sells. If theres an intresting cover than maybe theyll be intresting shit inside.

Nicks right if a mag would cover just bolt on projects for specific cars it would be great.
I also dislike the misrepresentation of facts. In my latest mustang mags, they show a built 2v stang making 600+RWHP. In the article it states the owner was directed to swap from his turbo setup to a Kenne bell supercharger to make more power. We all know turbos make gobs more power than superchargers. I guess thats what we get for listening to car enthusiast who do nothing more than sit behind desks and drive only the best of the best.

Kenne Bells make a LOT of horsepower, the superchargers themselves are 2.3L a lot of people with cobras on this other site i belong too run either setup for big numbers. A little different on a Focus than a Mustang since both setups can get big numbers.

He might have been running a small turbo also, and by switching to the KB it would have gotten more power.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The turbo setup he had came with a bad tune, he still made 400+ on stock motor. Then he blew it up (bad tune) and switched to the Kenne bell. Ill post the excerpt later. They made it sound like the supercharger (any) makes more power than any turbo setup.

·
Registered
278 Posts
^Project car covers everything, so yea if you pick up a copy and only see tuners on the cover, don't get discouraged. They do different kinds of projects, like taking an old Prelude and making it into a nice daily driver, to building an all out track Sentra SE-R and they also built a VW and a Cavalier (to show that they are nice lil cars). Its a really good mag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts