Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has dynoed a non BBK Zetec JRSC. I was wondering if my number are low. I made 146whp and 128wtq. Mods are in profile.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Yes your numbers are low, but you have an auto, don't forget that important detail. Check out the dyno thread, there is a zetec with mods that is at 100whp. Though your TQ should be higher. Didn't you say in the other thread that the TQ only went up a few with JR? That sounds a little fishy to me. TQ should have been the biggest thing you gained. Makes me think maybe something is off, just a little, but what is the good question.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea my torque only went up by 2wtq from NA. I thought I could atleast break 155whp with my mods.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you may have cam timing way off, just a thought. that will lower ur torque. if you have adjustable gears you can play w/ them and maybe get somre more torque

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have some gears laying around somewhere. I have no idea what I would be doing about adjusting cam gears.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, you can datalog to see where you have the greatest load. or you can do it via the compression method, ie, keep adjusting them till you see the greatest compression peak.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Oh yeah, have you ever taken the t-belt off? Cam timing GREATLY effects our cars IMO. I've had cam gears for years now, and let me tell ya, they are worth it. I've had two stock motors and both had completely different power bands. Now it is soooo worth getting them dyno tune. You can get it semi close with the above mentioned methods but trust me a dyno tuning them is worth it.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have yet to take the timing belt off. I most likely should change it since it is the original belt. Only 61k on my car. Is adding cam gears a hard install?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
its an easy job if ur mechanically inclined. you need timing tools, tdc pin and cam bar.

as for the gears, you pull ur old ones off and put the new ones on! lol, simple as the cam bolt! thats it. just make sure u time the engine!

some people argue that ur cams stock don't need to be touched. however, if the timing is off, then ya, youll need it. however, if ur timing for the motor is spot on, then you won't gain anything, but you could gain torque.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts