Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my parking brake cable anyone done this before? Any tips to offer?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
im about to do it for my mvi here in a few days have you done it yet?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah changed it out last week. No problem at all hardest part is gettin the car up. Jack it up support it with jack stands of course, take back wheels off, go under car remove middle section of heat shield, dissconnect cables from parking brake assembly, dissconnect from clips one on each side before the gas tank, remove clips holing it to frame(phillips screwdriver), then remove from caliper. Install is reverse i was a lil nervous at first just started and it's not that bad at all probably if i had to do it again like a 1 hour job. Hope in some way this helps i dont think i left anything out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
^^^ +1 rep, this helped out when doing my ebrake cable, it looks much harder than it actually was

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah i was thinking about doing this. Now that it sounds so easy i am definatly going to do this on monday.. thanks for the info..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just remembered when finished go inside car take e-brake boot off and use think it was 10mm and tighten the nut down to tighten the e-brake. Now go find a empty parking lot and drift away LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated 4 months later. Lol sorry about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts