Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who changed there frames i got black ones.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just bought a black plastic one with smoked glass. Went to the hardware store and bought some black trim bolts and plastic push ons for the bottom screw holes. The smoked glass looks great to hide my hideous plate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Picked up a rounded smoked plate cover from AutoZone. It looks great. Because it's rounded and not flat, it doesn't move around with the rubber bumpers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the WeatherTech frame on my cars. They meet the law in Texas, not blocking any of the information on the tags. I get one with a clear cover on the front plate to protect it from bugs and stones.

I have a silver Titanium on order, and will probably get black.

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool guys i hate when people leave the dealer frames on there cars.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have black frames, both front and rear, on my current vehicle...but will be transferred to my Focus when I get it. If I could get clear covers for my plates, I would...

·
Registered
241 Posts
The dealer frame came off the car 2 minutes after I drove it home the first time. I didn't replace the frame. Later, I debadged the car for a cleaner appearance. Had a guy in a parking lot yesterday ask about the car cuz he had walked around it before I came out of the store and he said all he could tell was that it was a Ford.

[:)]

·
Registered
967 Posts
The first thing I'm going to do is take off the dealer frame, head to walmart and get some clear plate protectors. I'm also going to need some all weather floor mats for winter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I always tell the dealer that for a monthly fee, i will gladly advertise for their dealership by keeping the frames on - so far no dealer has taken me up on the offer - so the dealer frames/badges come off immediately.

I don't advertise for anyone for free, except the city of detroit and its teams.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here's a side shot of the one I bought for the front.$7.00 at AutoZone. Doesn't look bad for a cheap one. I used black auto trim screws and plastic push on bolts for the bottom.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks good ^^

I'll be picking up something when my car arrives, just simple black frame, maybe a clear cover.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Locally folks seem able to get away with impossible to read plates, cover too dark, lettering paint rubbed off totally so lettering cannot be read from more than a few feet away.. Smoked tint to just black, only see in direct sun from a few feet. I do not know why.
I plan on getting a cover for the front plate, as it would look good nearly black on black front bumper area.
My late car i had kept the front plat inside the windshield up next to the rear view mirror, never once got questioned over it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
One of the first questions I asked my dealer was whether or not they put an ugly badge on the car, they don't thank god but they do put on a plate frame. I said that's ok because I'm going to toss it as soon as I get home.

I don't plan on buying plate frames but I''ll get protector holders. The only question is whether or not to go clear or smoke.

EDIT - How do I know I spend too much time on this forum? I already responded in this thread and completely missed it....lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just bought a black plastic one with smoked glass. Went to the hardware store and bought some black trim bolts and plastic push ons for the bottom screw holes. The smoked glass looks great to hide my hideous plate.
What are these trim bolts/plastic push ons I keep hearing about?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put a black one on the front to blend in with the front end, and chrome one on the rear to match what's chrome there. Both have clear plastic covers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wife has "Yield to the Princess" on her's lol! Its a joke thing and she had it on her 89 LX 5.0L too! I told her we need to get her a personalized tag that reads, "THE STIG". Some say...

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I haven't changed my frames from the dealer ones yet. Laziness? Maybe a little. Lucky for me my dealership doesn't believe in sticking a badge with their name on the car.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts