Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a weekend class coming up and I thought I was going to be able to camp near by but turns out the camp ground is too far to make it worth it.
Class starts at 8am Saturday, ends at midnight then back at 8am sunday morning. It's a four hour drive for me so Saturday is going to be a LONG day, no time to drive to a camp, set up, sleep, then get up and tear down before going back to class sunday morning.

I've already dropped $450 on the class plus the gas to get there and back, plus around $160 in supplies for the class, plus I'm going to want to eat....

So, I'm thinking of folding my rear seats down and doing some "urban camping" in my car for the night. Would save me $100.
It's just one night so I can sacrifice taking a shower for one day.

Just curious if anyone else has done it and was it moderately comfortable?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. A mattress of some sort will be nice unless you want a sore neck and back the next morning.
Pillows and couple of beers all good.
Kinda what I was thinking. I've got a cot pad I was thinking I could probably throw down with a pillow and call it a night.

Throw in the beer and who needs a hotel?

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Done it a few times!

Comfortable for 2 persons.

rear bottom seat need to be removed (only 4 screws total, so everything is flat) and front seat fully forwarded.

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
That or just sleep in the backseat, it looks like you're only going to get a couple hours sleep anyways. Just bring a pillow and a blankets and you'll be fine
Honestly it take 5 minutes to setup the rear... if you use air matress it's gonna be longer but I use thick sleeping pad (3 inch) and a pillow.

Sleep quality is what matter... you don't sleep that well in bucket seats

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Don't your rear bottoms fold down to be 100% flat? mine do
No ... you loose too much length for the body to sleep well.. unless you are less than 4 feet tall [grinking]

they are in the way

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done it a few times!

Comfortable for 2 persons.

rear bottom seat need to be removed (only 4 screws total, so everything is flat) and front seat fully forwarded.

I'm going to have to take a car seat out so I might as well take out the seat bottom too.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
I'm going to have to take a car seat out so I might as well take out the seat bottom too.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using FF Mobile
They are 4 Torx screws ... IIRC T30 or T35 for the rear seat bottom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the rear bottom seat pull forward in the standard SE the way you show it here in the hatchback? My rear bottom seems to have a strap in the middle holding it down... I can feel it, but not see it.

Or does my next Focus need to be a hatchback. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Does the rear bottom seat pull forward in the standard SE the way you show it here in the hatchback? My rear bottom seems to have a strap in the middle holding it down... I can feel it, but not see it.

Or does my next Focus need to be a hatchback. :)

Thanks.
Why did you buy a sedan to begin with? hatch > sedan always. [hihi]

I have wondered about the sleepability of the hatch area before, but never figured to actually try it. I regularly camp at HPDE events and races and while I always bring a nice big tent, I am concerned about sleeping during lightning storms. I guess this solves the problem, assuming I can figure a way to crack the windows without water getting in...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts