Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested to see.

Ill be going Wednesday to PBIR to give it a shot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have i had a thread on here about it. posted pictures of my time slips and everything cant seem to find it now tho..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3852760#post3852760

:) Djc, for future reference in your personal Control Panel you can find all posts and threads started by you. That's what I did, found your thread :D

Im interested to see.

Ill be going Wednesday to PBIR to give it a shot.
I'd shoot down to meet you and see how you run since I'm in Vero, but sadly it's my first day working at Best Buy up here, so no go. I'll be interested to see your times though!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I went to a local dragstrip once with my former car. Drove it and afterwards got stopped by a local cop (it was really late at night when the strip closed, and i was gaining speed heading out of town..)
I still had the 1/4th mile track numbers painted on the rear window!
He gave me a warning.... (nice of him, as i was in his town only to go racing..)

I do not think i would bother with the 2012 Focus though... Except to see how slow i could go!!
Anouncer blares out: QUARTER MILE IN: ""34 seconds at 55mph for the granny... give her a big round of appause..."" [bootyshak

·
Registered
343 Posts
I went to a local dragstrip once with my former car. Drove it and afterwards got stopped by a local cop (it was really late at night when the strip closed, and i was gaining speed heading out of town..)
I still had the 1/4th mile track numbers painted on the rear window!
He gave me a warning.... (nice of him, as i was in his town only to go racing..)

I do not think i would bother with the 2012 Focus though... Except to see how slow i could go!!
Anouncer blares out: QUARTER MILE IN: ""34 seconds at 55mph for the granny... give her a big round of appause..."" [bootyshak
15.9 @ 89mph C/D quick for an econocar but slow compared to a 12 v6 mustang

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
15.9 @ 89mph C/D quick for an econocar but slow compared to a 12 v6 mustang
Definitely quick for an econocar, without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
28HopUp, I wonder how a SelectShift model would fare, we have "launch control" and the Sport mode would hold gears longer... hmm.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didn't try to launch the car hard. I was actually hoping to bring home the trophy for quickest reaction time, so I wasn't too worried about my ET's. I think the new transmission would allow us to stall the RPM's up for a better launch. Don't forget to take the traction control off too!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I didn't try to launch the car hard. I was actually hoping to bring home the trophy for quickest reaction time, so I wasn't too worried about my ET's. I think the new transmission would allow us to stall the RPM's up for a better launch. Don't forget to take the traction control off too!
SelectShift equipped cars when in sport mode have a launch control feature, hold down the brake and depress the gas and you won't go higher than 2800rpms, wonder how much difference it actually makes.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have SelectShift on my SE, but I can rev/launch my car the same way.
Ya the launch control is unimpressive to say the least but 16.1 was stock powershift according to car and driver. So Ill see what mine runs for sure just to have fun.

Also for the people that think its just an econo car please remember why we have this forum in the first place if we didnt realize how much potential there was in this platform Ford would only have the Mustang for a tuner car.

Focuses started as econos and we showed the world how great a Focus can really be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
16.1 isn't bad, my stock crown victoria used to do about it..! at the end I was doing low 15 hi 14 with my 5-speed crown vic!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Ya the launch control is unimpressive to say the least but 16.1 was stock powershift according to car and driver. So Ill see what mine runs for sure just to have fun.

Also for the people that think its just an econo car please remember why we have this forum in the first place if we didnt realize how much potential there was in this platform Ford would only have the Mustang for a tuner car.

Focuses started as econos and we showed the world how great a Focus can really be.
Not discounting those who don't have the launch control, just wondering how much of a difference it might make taking the footwork out of launching the car.

And of course it's got potential... why else would an automatic econobox have any form of launch control to begin with?? lol

not to mention the already impressive suspension architecture for an economy car...

it's got a lot of potential.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
SelectShift equipped cars when in sport mode have a launch control feature, hold down the brake and depress the gas and you won't go higher than 2800rpms, wonder how much difference it actually makes.
Disable the traction control and it will be even better.[grinking]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is Launch control an actual documented feature?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry, double post

1 - 20 of 21 Posts