Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14b is about to die and I've been desperately trying to find a non-used replacement for somewhat cheap, but all I've found so far are ching chang chong 16Gs on ebay. Is anybody using one of those? If so, how fast does it spool?

Also, does anybody know where to get a new or re-manufactured 14b or 16g that's not a chinese ebay special and doesn't cost more than $300?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Try www.gpopshop.com
They sell reman turbos and turbo rebuild kits.
Call them if they don't have your turbo listed.

·
Registered
975 Posts
find a dsm forum u cant get 14bs all day long!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
975 Posts
me and a buddy just picked up a 14b a week and a half ago for his eclipse

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I have a 14B for sale, and I am running a 16G on my NEW setup.

I should know in a month how well it works. (Still waiting on motor from Tom)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anybody had any experience with the chinese 16Gs they have on ebay? Someone's gettin me a good deal on that plus an FMIC. He claims to have run one on his CRX for two years with no problems, but I'm still not too sold on the idea. What do you guys think? (and please don't tell me just to get a T3 or expensive Garrett ball bearing whathaveyou.)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
double post

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'd also like to know what parts exactly fail on the Chinese turbos that everyone is afraid of.
I'm sure there is a good reason they're so cheap. I'd just like to know what part or parts are the junk.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i have read a few different stories about the ebay turbo's on homemadeturbo. some of them blow up, as in the impellers. i dont think they use very much quality control.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Come on now! Chinese = quality control! :)

brummy, did a guy get a hold of you about an SCT Pro Racer package for an '00 Focus?
I was hoping I could use it but can't, and told him you might be interested since it should work for your car..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come on now! Chinese = quality control! :)

brummy, did a guy get a hold of you about an SCT Pro Racer package for an '00 Focus?
I was hoping I could use it but can't, and told him you might be interested since it should work for your car..
Yeah he did and offered me a fantastic deal on it, but what little (extra) money I have now is more than likely going towards getting this turbo situation straightened out. He said he wasn't really trying to sell it/get rid of it anytime soon, so hopefully when I can afford it, I can take it off his hands. Thanks for sendin him my way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts