Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remove those ugly big as heck airbag warning decals on the visors?

My 2014 with the updated sliding visors seems to have these things thoroughly sealed on there... like maybe even heat transferred on or something rather than being just a peel off sticker like they were on my previous vehicles.

I hate having this giant yellow and white sticker uglying up my cabin! It was even worse in my 2012 with its smaller and less mobile visors...

Anybody successfully removed these without causing damage to the visor/surrounding area?

Any help is appreciated.

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
red line custom leather coverings. I bought the shift boot, e-brake boot and vizor wraps.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I think it is true they are required to be there. But one might be allowed to cover them up?
Use a 'same color as visor' sticky vinyl wrap over them?
Then that can be removed when you sell the car...
Or paint. (with the same idea of removing it when you sell the car.
Or a fabric cover over the entire visor.

·
Registered
289 Posts
An FYI:

The NHTSA Airbag labeling regulation:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/Labels5.mlv.html

While not explicitly stated, you would likely need to retain the labels and re-affix them in case you ever decide to sell your car. Or, at the very least, have new labels on hand. If you sell your car to a dealer chances are they would replace the labels, but if you ever sold your car to a private party (without the labels) and there was injury due to aribags, the new owners could have grounds for a lawsuit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts