Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some wheel spacers on ebay and wanted to know if anyone has them on there car i have the svt suspension with 17 inch euro rims and was thinking i could make them a little more flush with the body. They have 3mm and 5mm what would you think i need?? Also they have a svt rear bumper on ebay in houston for 89 dollas jump on it!!

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
not sure i dont think it would look bad if ur rims and tires stuck out a bit. i think it looks sexy. and can i borrow 89 to buy the svt rear bumper? j/k

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thats what credit cards are for!!! well i dont want them to stick out i just want them to be flush with the body of the car thats why i was asking if anyone had any experience with this.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea i dont have enough on my capital one to get it anyways. someone should pop up soon with an answer

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i actually had 1.25 inchers and i decided to man it up and take them off and just buy wider tires and rims.

it looks good from a distance but you can see the spacer in there and kind of looks tacky having stock (assuming you have stocks on your foci) rims that aren't that wide that stick out futher than what they are designed for.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
...if you do decide to buy spacers, don't buy the cheap ones thinking that you can get away doing the same thing for half the price. My friend had some that he bought on EBAY; a set of all four for 65 bucks. He thought that he was getting a good deal. Yes, they were cheap until the metal spacer itself started deforming and making the wheel wobble. He lost his from driver side wheel going 65 down the highway...it wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well 5mm is like 1/4 in. thats not really that much so i would probably go with those. Something to think about, you may or may not need new wheel studs if you place the spacer on the hub and put the wheel on, you need to make sure sure you got enough thread still on there.

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
like levin.matthew wrote, don't buy cheap ones. you really can't space them out too much from stock with out tire rub issues. 1/4" is about all you need. My wheels have a slightly shallower offset than stock and they are pretty flush with the fender. It does look good!

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
I know that H&R makes spacers for the Focus that are hub-centric, I think that CFM sells them.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I run the 5mm H&R spacers on the front wheels of my focus, but only with my autox wheels. Not for looks, just to keep the 225/50/15 tires from rubbing on the struts and fenderwells so much.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I have 15mm (1/2") H&R spacers if you want them you just pay for shipping an they are yours. pm me if interested. I had them on just my back tires for just the same reason you want them the only problem is the because your back tires are now out side your front they seem to get all the wear when you turn. I had them on for like 3-5 months and my back tires whent completly bald....and I mean bald like no tread..but my front ones were fine looked like new. although they did look good and high quallity but I just didn't want to keep buying new tires or slow down in corners. let me know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The ones on e-bay are usually universal. I wouldn't use them for the same reason levin.matthew explains above, they are crap. The H&R ones seem good. Focus sport sells them.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
if you drive your car hard, you'll want to replace the studs with ARP ones, the spacers add additional stress on the studs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts